Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I cooked some'en: Baby backs &stuffed pablano's

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Worked off graveyards and what better way to pass a screwed up day than Egging!! :woohoo: Some low impact ribs and easy stuffed pablano peppers on a 70 degree sunshine day with a couple OM's (Old Millwalkies). Boys it don't get no better then this!
Grabbed me a couple racks of baby backs from my butcher and made a rub of brown sugar, cracked pepper, ground ginger, peprika, powder red pepper.
Spring09050.jpg

Spring09052.jpg

Spring09059.jpg

On the Egg at 250 for bout 3 hrs with presimmon and hickory indirect. Flipping every hour. After 3 hours I wrapped in foil with 1/4 Coke and a shot of whiskey.
Spring09061-2.jpg

While they were cooking pulled out the old redneck fish cooker and blistered up some pablano peppers.
Spring09053.jpg

Sweated them 30 min. in a bag and shucked the wax skin.
Spring09054.jpg

Next took 1/4 lb sausage and two slices of pepper bacon cut up and nuked 2 min. in microwave to speed things along. Mixed colby/montoray jack cheese and stuffed. Wife said sausage hurts her stomic so used some ground chuck with her's.
Spring09055.jpg

Spring09056.jpg

Uncovered ribs after 45 min. and put the peppers on also with another chunk of presimmon for an hour while Andy kept watch! :laugh:
Spring09063.jpg

Spring09062.jpg

Had my ridding buddy and Sis over for supper and fired the chemenia up. Yep. Just don't get no better than this! B)
Spring09064-2.jpg

Spring09065.jpg

Comments