Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I cooked some'en: Baby backs &stuffed pablano's

JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited 12:58PM in EggHead Forum
Worked off graveyards and what better way to pass a screwed up day than Egging!! :woohoo: Some low impact ribs and easy stuffed pablano peppers on a 70 degree sunshine day with a couple OM's (Old Millwalkies). Boys it don't get no better then this!
Grabbed me a couple racks of baby backs from my butcher and made a rub of brown sugar, cracked pepper, ground ginger, peprika, powder red pepper.
Spring09050.jpg

Spring09052.jpg

Spring09059.jpg

On the Egg at 250 for bout 3 hrs with presimmon and hickory indirect. Flipping every hour. After 3 hours I wrapped in foil with 1/4 Coke and a shot of whiskey.
Spring09061-2.jpg

While they were cooking pulled out the old redneck fish cooker and blistered up some pablano peppers.
Spring09053.jpg

Sweated them 30 min. in a bag and shucked the wax skin.
Spring09054.jpg

Next took 1/4 lb sausage and two slices of pepper bacon cut up and nuked 2 min. in microwave to speed things along. Mixed colby/montoray jack cheese and stuffed. Wife said sausage hurts her stomic so used some ground chuck with her's.
Spring09055.jpg

Spring09056.jpg

Uncovered ribs after 45 min. and put the peppers on also with another chunk of presimmon for an hour while Andy kept watch! :laugh:
Spring09063.jpg

Spring09062.jpg

Had my ridding buddy and Sis over for supper and fired the chemenia up. Yep. Just don't get no better than this! B)
Spring09064-2.jpg

Spring09065.jpg
·

Comments

• :laugh: Cat's STILL in the cage??? :woohoo:
    Good job on the chiles B) also did BB ribs: a little less than 2 hours in inverted V=rack with apple/cherry wood left over from buckboard bacon. Dry rub, very tasty. New THERMOPEN registered 190 at pull time :)
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Actually cat's not in the cage. Cat was in the cage. Cat in my bed now!! :laugh:
    ·
  • That is one great looking smoke shack and the food looks great. Love the way you did the ribs and I know they tasted real good! The peppers is a great idea with the ribs. I will ahveto try that myself it looks so good.
    ·
  • Cactus DougCactus Doug Posts: 341
    Looks good! Ribs are one thing but those super size ABT man those look good!!!
    I have been thinking that you could do a poblano with some shrimp inside. I really like the fire roasting of the chiles.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,472
    was the meat for the peppers precooked?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • DryFlyDryFly Posts: 351
    What a feed, JL. Those peppers look great. Gotta do me some of them.
    ·
  • SlickSlick Posts: 382
    Gotta try those peppers.

Slick
    ·
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Nice Cook, everything looks great. I have been meaning to try those Pablano's.
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Everything looks great. I like how you stuffed the peppers laying on their side. I don't know why I always try to stand them up when they want to fall over. I've been smokin spares, need to use up what's in the freezer first before I go out and buy baby backs but I tell you what, after seeing your ribs I'm hungry for baby backs.
    Did I say that everything looks great? :lol:
    Thanks for the tip on sweating peppers in plastic so they peel better.
    Have a great weekend! :cheer:
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Yea I just shaped the sausage in bottom ofa microsafe bowel with cut up bacon and nuked two min. and drained the grease.
    ·
  • :laugh: You sound like a very brave man! ;)
    ·
  • Good job JL, good pictures, good presentation, and I bet it tasted good

Ross
    ·
  • WilbyWilby Posts: 155
    Great job this looks lip smacking good to me
    ·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Great cook, JL. Lots of energy after a graveyard shift - must be youth!

Saved both recipes - will give 'em a try. (In my "To do" file!
    ·
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    Highball ribs..? Guessing the cook had a shot too. LOL Does the alcohol give any flavor to the ribs?
    ·