Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Easter - what 's going to be on your BGE?

GrillDaddyGrillDaddy Posts: 295
edited 10:50PM in EggHead Forum
With Easter just a little more than a week away. Just wondering what people are planning to cook on their BGE. I'm thinking about doing a in-bone ham. What about you?

Comments

• BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Starting holidays tomorrow evening.......and cooking venison........Will post
  • GrillDaddyGrillDaddy Posts: 295
    nice, enjoy
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,081
    Probably turkey, wanted to do a crown roast of pork, however I am cooking a 24-26 bone crown roast on the 3rd of may for a friends daughter's first communion. About 30 adults and 20 yug'uns.

Here is the pic from Christmas a few years ago. Great dish IMHO.

readytodine.jpg
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    It will have to be leg of lamb! Yu :) m.
  • mo eggmo egg Posts: 143
    im going to cook a boneless ham. try DR. CHICKEN'S DOUBLE SMOKED HAM. did one xmas. and last easter. turned out great. just pull when it reaches 140
  • mo eggmo egg Posts: 143
    you can pull up recipe in search forum
  • FrankCFrankC Posts: 414
    Roasted leg of lamb for me and family!

fc
  • Twice Smoked Ham

016.jpg

018.jpg
  • WokOnMediumWokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    14 NY Strip steaks. First year with the Egg. Since my Gramma passed away Easter has become my deal. Last year I did a Prime Rib in the oven. Some of the fam was a little queasy about the non-traditional feast. Once they ate it there were no complaints.

Now they've learned to expect the non-traditional, shut up and enjoy whatever I decide to make. I wasn't involved in the decision to make steaks, but it sounded like a good plan to me!