Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Any Eggheads in Maui?

HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
edited 1:05AM in EggHead Forum
Any Eggheads in Maui?
·

Comments

• yeah - you!!!
    ·
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Just looking for a free meal. Can't sit in the hotel and eat Raman Noodles all week.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,421
    where are you staying?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    Hyatt Resort and Spa. First time in that part of the world.
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,341
    First time there, and you are eating raman noodles in your hotel room?? Boy. I say BOY!
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
    be sure and do the Hula Grill for the Firecracker Mahi.... 6 times and never a bad experence. if you have time go to Mama's Fish House, it is a drive but well worth it (best for lunch as you are a ways out for night time drive).
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    Copied and pasted back to me. I will add it to my list.
    ·
    Just trying to get a free meal while there. Just kidding. Looking to see if any special things will be good to bring home besides salt.
    ·
    Alan if you have a few hours to use I can give you a real nice trip that you are close to now and very few first timers see.

·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,593
    with all due respect I did NOT realize there was that kind of profit margin in the custom shirt printing business! :) :laugh: :laugh: ENJOY being over there! BTW my BIL and wife of 40 years are on Maui now in their first week of 3 there.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,341
    I hear they gots pretty good sugar too ;-)

Enjoy your trip. Sure wish I was there
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • citychickencitychicken Posts: 484
    i'm an egger but not in maui now. i have vistited there several times. if you can check out lahaina grill in downtown lahaina. i love their tequila shrimp with firecracker rice. also a must is merriman's in kapalua. definitely try peter merriman's wok charred ahi - it's the best.

i thing the old lahaina luau is the best on maui. the pig roast is the best.
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Al, in Hawaii you got to try a few things:

Lomi lomi salmon

kailua pork

any local caught fish

poi

sushi

spam musubi

a plate lunch at L&L drive-in

In Maui you have to go to the top of Haleakala for a sunrise (dress warm), take the day to drive to Hana and spend some time walking around.

If you are a coffee fan get some Bad Ass Coffee, it is terrific. The Hawaiian sea salt is very good. Buy yourself a kukui nut necklace. Buy the touristy crap at Hilo Hattie's. Go to a real luau.

Call me if you want more. I lived there for 5 years. Some terrific memories.
    ·
    What is the wood people bring back for smoking?

·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    IMO nothing is better than a fresh "sugarloaf" pineapple right from the field.

Absolutely delicious.
    ·
    I would love to do 3 weeks. I will be there long enough to wish I did not leave.
    ·
    I order guava from guava greg. It's great
    ·
    Keeping all this. Will be there 5 days with my cousins who travel there 3 or 4 times a year. I have a grave feeling we will be kept busy. I will break away for some alone time.
    ·
  • luis70458luis70458 Posts: 48
    Maui pineapples and Maui onions are the best
    ·
  • :woohoo: get to HANA and check out Red Sand Beach
    :woohoo: get to PAIA and check out the French restaurant with SUSHI AND GET A TATOO!!
    :woohoo: get to MAKAWAU and check out the WORLD'S BEST ITALIAN RESTAURANT--GET THE CALAMARI :woohoo:
    don't stay around the tourista resort :angry:
    get out and visit the REAL Hawaii and ask about EGGERS!
    ·
  • Posted by: Desert Oasis Woman on 2009/04/03 00:23:39

In Reply to: Re:Any Eggheads in Maui? posted by Fidel on 2009/04/02 22:12:05

get to HANA and check out Red Sand Beach
    get to PAIA and check out the French restaurant with SUSHI AND GET A TATOO!!
    get to MAKAWAU and check out the WORLD'S BEST ITALIAN RESTAURANT--GET THE CALAMARI
    don't stay around the tourista resort
    get out and visit the REAL Hawaii and ask about EGGERS!
    ·
  • I 2nd Mamas Fish House

Ross
    ·
  • Susan EgglaineSusan Egglaine Posts: 2,430
    You must try the SPAM!
    ·
    That's for. Straight into my pina colada
    ·
  • DukesterDukester Posts: 36
    Spend a relaxing day at Big Beach