Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No lump for the mini

Options
vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well at least not any new lump. When I clean out my large & small eggs I put the leftover lump in a container. I have used the new mini the last 2 nights and all I have put in the mini is used lump. This is great.... :silly:

004-7-1.jpg

the mini rocking right along

006-6-1.jpg

pork tenderloin

007-8-1.jpg

it was marinated for 24 hrs in Mojo sauce

003-5-1.jpg

it was delicious and so quick and easy on the Mini

011-4-1.jpg

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Kim, that is what I use for my whole chickens. I marinate them for a minimun of 3 days, then on the egg. I do pulled chicken with those. Very delish! They have a chipolte flavor as well. Also good.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • GrillDaddy
    GrillDaddy Posts: 295
    Options
    Cowboy lump would fit, but I like what you are doing better. :)
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Molly i have not tried the chipotle yet but I need to remember that about the chicken...
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    That is a great idea. I just missed a mini on craigslist for 125 the other night. My wife believes I have completely lost it. More eggs, running around taking pictures of food, showing her how little ash comes out of the egg, etc... My only saving grace is that I have been keeping her well fed. :P
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Doug,

I know the feeling but after almost 2 years of egging Ginny is starting to get used to it... :P
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Kim, you are right about the lump. It hardly uses any. Almost a reason in itself for everyone to own one!

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Egger for 13 years!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • GrillDaddy
    GrillDaddy Posts: 295
    Options
    Dr Zaius - I think they call it OCD - Obsession Ceramic Disorder

Not sure if they have come up w/ a treatment yet.
    :lol:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Faith, You and others are pushing me to the brink of purchase. I have to visit the other supplier cause the one close by is a j**k. I will own one sonn!!
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Faith i agree with that. I have not used any new lump the last 2 nights and hardly any lump at all. The mini is very fuel efficient...now if my car ran on used lump that would be great.... :silly:
  • Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    Options
    That's another good reason for buying a Mini. I already set aside the biggest pieces of lump when I cook in the Small and use them in the Large. Using a Mini to dispose of the leftover lump is the next obvious step. Thank you!

--Doug
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    I'm normally using used charcoal for my Small BGE. I get some lumps out of Wicked Good Weekend Warrior that wouldn't fit in a mini. :pinch:
  • IndependentGrocer
    Options
    MoJo marinade is da bomb!!! :woohoo: