Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rub

SmokinJSmokinJ Posts: 220
edited 4:05AM in EggHead Forum
Hi all,

I was wondering if any one ever tried rubs from this place.http://www.smokinrub.com/ I'm not abvertising I just ordered some . I like tryng different kinds out to see what else there is .

Thanks
·

Comments

• gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,578
    Nope, haven't run across these. Let us know what you think. Seems like they will be nice and fresh. Wonder how much salt is in 'em.
    ·
  • SmokinJSmokinJ Posts: 220
    I will let you know how they are. I'm a little worried about how much salt . I figured for the price of all three it's worth a try. It was between them and Texas bbq rub. Maybe I will try them next.

Thanks
    ·
  • I hope you've tried Dizzy Pig! It's the hands down favorite around here.
    ·
  • SmokinJSmokinJ Posts: 220
    Yes I did try Dizzy Pig. I really like them. Just like to try different ones now and again.
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,578
    I've tried a bunch. Most lines, I like maybe half. A few have been really poor. Found one local mix that was almost good, but way too much salt. Eventually found out that the people who made it designed it to be added to broth, and would dunk a whole chicken in the pot over and over while cooking. That way, it worked pretty well.
    ·