Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT (sorta): Patio Shades/Blinds

Options
glousteau
glousteau Posts: 124
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been out enjoying the wonderful weather more and more (egged up some filets tonight that were awesome, no pics sorry, we were starving).

Anyway, we get the evening sun on our patio and I put up 3 each four by four posts along the west side and a 2x6 across them. I'm looking for some inexpensive sun shades/blinds that I could hang up on the 2x6 that I could drop down and provide some shade on the patio. I've found some online, but they are rather expensive and fixed in size. I'm hoping to only have 2 shades custom cut to fit in between my 2 posts.

I figure with all the outdoor kitchens, someone might have done this before me??

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Have you thought of using the bamboo roll-up shades? I use them on my screened porch and had to cut them to size. I think they were only about $10 each at the big box home store.

They aren't fancy, but they are weatherproof and functional.
  • glousteau
    glousteau Posts: 124
    Options
    I'd be fine with that, how wide did they come? Mine are roughly 10' long. Big box home store?? whats that?
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    you know....Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace, etc.

I don't know how wide they are...I think mine were 6' but I seem to recall wider sets.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    My north wall of the smoke shack is 10 foot. I put these 10 bucks a peace immitation bamboo curtains up two years ago from Home Depot. Its an old pic but you get the idea. They are only 1/2 way down in pic. If the wind is really blowing I run a string from 4x4 to 4x4 about half way up and at the bottom of curtains to keep them from whipping up. Its amazing how much warmer it is with them down!
    turkey12-15-07004.jpg