Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reviewing the Forum

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I think that I am falling prey to a cult; the BGE cult. You guys and gals are crazy, and I am going to fit right in. I am getting my first BGE next week. Anybody from Maryland belong? This is FANTASTIC! To think I had never even heard of the BGE up until a few weeks ago. And I have been an avid Q'er for years. They just aren't that well known up in these parts.

Comments

• Mr. Hyde
    Mr. Hyde Posts: 99
    Options
    Chef Stoner,[p]Too bad you missed Eggfest, in Waldorf, a few weeks ago. From what I remember, it was fun!
    [/b]
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Chef Stoner,
    I`m in College Park, and my buddy "PG" just recently moved to bowie. BluesNbbq also lives in College Park....where are you at??[p]Wess

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Chef Stoner,
    Welcome. This crazy boy grew up in Laurel Maryland, and now live just around the beltway in Fairfax. Where in Maryland are you???
    Beers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cap'n
    Cap'n Posts: 72
    Options
    Chef Stoner,
    Welcome to the fray - [p]Cold beers to ya!
    Cap'n

• Unknown
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    I grew in Laurel too. Now I live in Eldersburg. Take 32 West/North till you see the cows. Before Westminster.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Greg Stoner,
    This is scary. I had this same conversation with BluesNBBQ years ago, and it turned out we were next door neighbors....I lived in Montpelier, graduated Laurel Hign in 1978. Blues is 8 or 10 years younger, so we did not know each other well at the time. But I delivered newspapers to his house when he was a toddler running around the yard nekked with his brother.[p]I DO remember a Stoner family.[p]I know where Eldersburg is. Nice area. Good to know you!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Zeke
    Zeke Posts: 90
    Options
    Chef Stoner, welcome to our world. I live in Frederick, MD.
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Chef Stoner,[p]I live just a few miles from Maryland.... does that count?[p]Yes, we is crazy..... before long you will learn so much about cooking over coals that your family and friends will say things like, "How come you never cooked like this for us before?" And you will just smile.[p]Welcome!
    John[p]

• Unknown
    Options
    Zeke,
    Hey small world... I'm down (over really) in Mt Airy.

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Chef Stoner,
    My hubby was in the hospital in hagerstown, maryland...does that count?? Welcome to the cult..err, I mean club :-)[p]~nikki

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    Chef Stoner,[p]I live in College Park. We've had four EggFests in Waldorf and my bands have played them all. [p]Welcome to the forum!
  • BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    "This is scary. I had this same conversation with BluesNBBQ years ago, and it turned out we were next door neighbors....I lived in Montpelier, graduated Laurel Hign in 1978. Blues is 8 or 10 years younger, so we did not know each other well at the time."[p]Ten years, I graduated from Laurel in 1988. :)
  • Zeke
    Zeke Posts: 90
    Options
    Nardi. Glad to know there are other cult members close by. I buy my meat and lump at the Mt. Airy Meat locker, A.K.A. Wagoner Bros. "appy smoking to ya!

• Humpty
    Humpty Posts: 27
    Options
    Chef Stoner,
    As others have already said, WELCOME. I bet you will be just like everyone who visits once---you just can't stop. I think you will get one of the best educations in the "world of cooking" just by brousing throuth the forum. And the price is right too.[p]Hey, I too lived in Maryland for a few years--a small town out near the West Virginia line called Cumberland.[p]Welcome.
    Larry