Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just plain disapointed

Options
Nessmuck
Nessmuck Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I do not post here often, but read almost daily, so if I could have just a moment of your time I would appreciate it. The behavior that I witnessed this morning was almost enough to make me stop visiting this site. Not only the content of the private message, but the fact that it was posted. I thank the administrator for removing it, and would hope that those involved would make there apologies. This site and the people on it have taught me a great deal in the past 6 months and I would like to think that behind the handles and nicknames are a group of professional and mature adults. Folks that are hard working, sincere and with a common intrest. The BGE. Please don't prove me wrong, or sadly I will not be able to continue to associate myself with this group.

That is all I have to say on the matter, but I felt it needed to be said.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Nessmuck,
    I missed that posting this morning and although I've only been on the forum about 9 months, 99.9% of the time it's a great forum. As far as the .1%, you can hear worse than that at the local movie theater or Walmart (at least down here in Reading,PA).

Wellsboro is a great & beautiful little town that you live in. I drive through it frequently.
    Brian
  • BananaChipz
    BananaChipz Posts: 207
    Options
    Errr... did I miss something?

Alright, I agree with all your points (granted I haven't been posting long either - a lurker)... However just ignore it next time (or complain to the admins and have it removed)... Posting about things like that just give credence to the offending poster. Ignore it and go cook something! There are more important things to worry about :)
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    With all due respect, I normally respond to posts that I don't like by not responding and let it die, not stirring it up.
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    With all due respect, I normally respond to posts that I don't like by not responding and let it die, not stirring it up.
  • momcooks
    momcooks Posts: 247
    Options
    Well I've missed it, but I've seen others. While they do bother me, it's nothing compared to other boards. You should see fish/reef boards. I read more than I post, but I love all the info irregardless of conflicts.
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    since i did not see that post i hesitate to comment. please remember this is like one big [somewhat dysfunctional]family, there are the occasional lapses of judgement. not all of us are mature [me for example] and we are all not professionals.. we come from all walks of life, all socio-economic levels and all over the U.S.A, Europe and Australia. as in any family there is the drunk lecherous uncle [me again] the lazy brother , the drug addict cousin, the sleazy sister in law etc.. an sometimes people just have personal probelms and lash out at those closest too them..
    i see this forum as a slice of life there is always good and bad ,, it is your decision if the good outweighs the bad . for me , and especailly after the day i had , i look forward to sitting in front of the fire with a glass of wine and learning about my hobby[addiction] and finding out what my friends are doing.
    most of them i have not met in person yet..
    enough of my opinion. i hope you found this helpful
    sincerely
    bill
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    Amen. I saw a woman screaming at her little kid calling it a stupid little brat. I find that far more offensive than anything I've ever seen here. Sometimes the actual tone and the intended tone are different. Typing doesn't give the typer all the opportunity to convey their message.

Didn't see the post, but I'm a benefit of the doubt girl, especially here, unless a parent is calling their little kid stupid. Stupid is a dirty word at my house.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    I didn't see it, was told I should be glad I didn't see it; however, when human being gather there will be conflict. There will always be one or two who will try and stir up the manure and there will be those that will react badly to it. Short of moderators (which doesn't work either) there is not much you can do to avoid it.

If that conflict bothers you I am not sure what to say except we will miss you..
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Speaking of meeting people, are you coming to Waldorf this year? -RP
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    One thing to remember that post was not by a regular poster. I agree it was sad and the content did hurt a few on here. but it is gone and I hope over. As one of the subjects I was close to leaving the board myself. but I realized there are more than just those involved on here and a lot of good people. I will stay and you should too. There are a lot of people that have left the board over the years due to things like this and they are missed greatly for they added a lot to all of us. and it is like a family... some good and some bad and some sad. stick around and you will see. also you know that is not the norm on here by any means. Julie
    P.S. sometimes I miss living in Wellsboro :)
  • momcooks
    momcooks Posts: 247
    Options
    That's too bad. Glad you were able to brush it off. Unfortunately the anonymity of the internet gives some people the belief that it's ok to say anything. I can't believe some of the behavior I've seen over the years is something they'd say/do in everyday life. And certainly wouldn't want those things said to their loved ones. I guess it makes some people brave/stupid, sometimes it's hard to tell.
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    i think so have not reserved yet but plan on working on my schedule tomorrow,, i don't see how i cannot ..
    are you ?
    bill
  • BullyC
    BullyC Posts: 142
    Options
    HI All

I did not see what was said, but from your responses,
    must have been bad. ALL I can say is my brotherinlaw
    taught me this, YOU CAN"T teach IGNORANCE
    I like most of what I read, yeah a little sarcasim
    here and there but mostly nice people. Thankfully
    thats the majority. BullyC
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    So it was worse than the benefit of the doubt allows. I guess what burns me, is that someone reads something they don't like. It gets removed, and then they proceed to scold the forum.

OK, it sounds like some of our nearest and dearest were insulted by the post and the gutsy individual didn't have the backbone to present their thoughts with their identity. Doesn't make it a bad forum, just makes it one idiot that threw some crap out there. Someone else just stirring the pot.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Bill, book it and come to Waldorf. I would encourage Nessmuck to do so too. AZRP, I know you are attending.
    Hungryman, I think we are on the same flight!

I am only on this forum since August. Since then, I have been to Eggtoberfest, Ocala, and am heading to Waldorf. Definitely will be going back to Tucker this October!!! It is an absolute ball, not to be missed. You will meet the nicest people who share your enthusiasm for the egg, get great ideas, and go home with new friends, maybe even meet people that live near you that love the egg too.

Take it all in stride.

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Egger for 13 years and counting!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    I'll try not to ignore you... :woohoo:
  • AZRP
    Options
    yup, we will be there. -RP
  • AZRP
    Options
    Great, looking forward to meeting you. Try to make Captain Billy's, its a blast. Kim and I will be there and will celebrate our 26th anniversary. -RP
  • skihorn
    skihorn Posts: 600
    Options
    I didn't see the post (I only lurk here a couple of times a week) so I can't comment on it. That said, I am continually amazed at the civility, maturity, and friendliness of this board. Of course, all of my other posting experience is on college football message boards where even alums of the same school seem to hate each other, let alone how they treat rivals.

For a group of anonymous posters this site is incredibly friendly (overall).

Freddie
    League City, TX
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I sure hate that I missed it!!! With the day I've had nothing would have suited me better than goin off on some troll or whatever was here! :whistle: OMG I hate I missed it!!! :whistle::whistle::whistle:
  • Slotmercenary
    Slotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Options
    I just want to meet the sleazy sister-in-law..........