Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

One Year In

Options
smak
smak Posts: 199
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I mostly lurk and read around here but thought I would post a quick reflection after one year with the egg. I got a LBGE as an anniversary present from the wife. Little did I know what a great time I would have learning to grill/bbq all over again.

I generally fall over myself trying to explain what a great tool the BGE is. Most people think I am exaggerating about the BGE. I have never had such an easy time turning out great cook after great cook. My old grill has not be used (other than storage) since the BGE arrived.

Quick Summary of Cooks. Most of these were done numerous times through out the year. Almost all of them exceeded expectations on the first try.

Spatchcock Chicken
500* Chicken
"The Chicken"
Tequila Lime Chicken
Thanksgiving Day Turkey

Steaks (ribeyes, ny strip, filet)
Burgers

Swordfish steaks
AZRP Spicy Shrimp

Pork Butt
Ribs
Pork Chops
Pork Tenderloin
Stuffed Pork Loin
Brawurst

ABTs
Stuffed Scoops
Asparagus
Baked Potatos

Pizzas
Bread Loafs
Apple/Peach Pie Tortillas

Plans for the upcoming year:

I'll be attending the Waldorf EggFest and adding small BGE to the collection. (this years anniversary present from the wife... I think she's a keeper.) Looking forward to another year with great new recipes and food to try (Brisket, country ribs, planked potatos, etc). This year I'll also try being a little more active in the forums.

Thanks for all the help.

-smak
smak
Leesburg, VA

Comments

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    Congratulations! I look forward to seeing you at Waldorf.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    Congrats.....looks like you have all the major food groups covered...except chocolate! t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Coacher
    Coacher Posts: 22
    Options
    smak wrote:

I generally fall over myself trying to explain what a great tool the BGE is. Most people think I am exaggerating about the BGE.

I know the feeling. I was at a Fiesta Pool and Spa dealer last week picking up a raised grid and a guy was in there picking up something for his hot-tub. He ask me a few things about the egg and the next thing I knew I was blabbering on and on about it. When we left I looked at my wife and said, "wow, did I even give that guy a chance to talk? I need to work on that!". Can't help myself I guess :blush: .
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Another satisfied Egghead, look forward to meeting you at Waldorf. -RP