Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pineapple upside-down cake

Options
mo egg
mo egg Posts: 143
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i bought a box of duncan hines pineapple cake mix and on the side of the box was a recipe for pineapple upside-down cake. so i thought why not try it on the egg. what i used was cast iron fry pan that i cut off some of the handle so it would fit my med. put 1 stick melted butter in bottom of pan add 1 cup brown sugar then pineapple rings add cake mix cook 350 it took about 50 min. i did leave some of the cake mix out. didnt want it to over flow made 3 cup cakes when cake was done. when cake is done let cool some then take a dinner plate and put over cake. hold plate and pan and flip over. cake should come with pineapples on top. had plate setter legs up 3 green feet then pizza stone. sorry for the long post

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Someone (a former employee at Seasonal Distributors) used to make a pineapple upside-down cake at the Waldord Eggfest.

I do not know any of the details, but it was wonderful!! The recipe may be in the recipe section of the forum (I did not check).
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Damon,

Have you gotten clearance for Waldorf yet??? Just checking...
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Dam that sounds good! Sitting here wondering about getting a fresh pineapple and there you go talking about cake! :laugh:
    A pic or two would driven me crazeeee :woohoo:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    I thought you were off in pursuit of the perfect pineapple!

I haven't had pineapple up-side-down cake in a really long time and it is my favorite! Snowing today, but a little snow never stopped an Egger.