Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How did you choose your EGGHEAD handle??

Options

Comments

• DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    I am a huge fan of Science Fiction and Planet of the Apes is one of my favorite movie series. So I adopted Dr Zaius from there and it has been my handle on most forums and gaming sites that I frequent.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • omba
    omba Posts: 241
    Options
    Well ...
    I was a high school junior, and we were reviewing a story by J.D. Salinger entitled The Laughing Man.
    There was a character in the story named Omba, who was described as a lovable dwarf.
    The teacher pointed out to that class that if he were casting a movie of the short story that I would be cast in the role of Omba, as I have always been rather short and was once loveable. Out of respect for proper names I just made it all lowercase.
    Friends called me omba for a few years, and I just recalled it on this forum.

There you have it,
    Peter
  • EmandM'sDad
    EmandM'sDad Posts: 648
    Options
    I'm the father of Emily(Em) and Melissa(M). Therefore I became EmandM'sDad
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Phallic accusations from Captain Peppermill himself?

Maybe you can get Max to loan you his pink loafers in about a month. Then we can really find out who has the strongest pinkie.
  • Willie Lump Lump
    Options
    I was a "junior" and to avoid confusion my dad nicknamed me Willie Lump Lump.
    After my fathers passing 40 years ago there are very few left but very old friends that call me "Willie"
    The lump part now seems natural and I'm happy to have people know me as "Willie" again.

Nye Frederic William Wiley II
  • Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    Options
    I used to be MrsAZRP. Then, after attending a few eggfests and not cooking, Madd Maxx, decided I needed my own identity. He had a contest a few summers ago, I had to lists all my interests....Live in the desert and have horses....therefore....DesertFilly.
  • Grand Oeuf Vert
    Options
    I'm in Canada so I wanted something that might be a bit Canadian. Because we have 2 official languages....
    Big Green Egg in French is... Grand Oeuf Vert!
    Clever huh?
    I struggle enough with the English language. As for French...well we won't go there.
  • Bama Chad
    Bama Chad Posts: 154
    Options
    Being from and attending UA, when I moved to ATL had some poker friends that called me Bama, and sometimes Bama Chad. I probably have a few other names people have called me I can't post on this forem , j/k
  • Semolina Pilchard
    Options
    Great story. When I first saw your handle I figured you used a wok on a medium egg. Then you said you have a large egg. Thought maybe it meant medium heat for the wok, although most meals are cooked on high heat. Thanks for LC for starting this thread.
  • TheGrillisGone
    Options
    I finally decided to upgrade the ole Weber...and a BB King fan.

Jim
    Snellville, GA
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    My last name is Conrad and backwards is Darnoc.I have had six boats with that name on the stern and in 2004 when I got out of boating and became the owner of a large egg the name just had to continue.
  • Ironballs
    Options
    I am a big fan of Shotguns... lots of little, cheap, birdshot got me started in the hobby... thus Iron balls. My handle on all the gun and knife forums is Ironballs too, started being called that at 16? My business license is/was the same.

If you ever dine on Pigeon at my place... be careful of the ironballs.

Behavior, it seems to fit me too. Always the first to put my hand in, take a risk, or take something too far. My friends used to say I had a deathwish and huge you know what, but that was before I had kids. Now I am facing disability (MS) and am home allot, and am doing all I can to extend my life to support my kids as long as possible. BBQ helps me fill much of my home time now, and I feel its something I can do for me and the family.

But even now, I jump on every human trial study test med I can that may help/hurt me... fighting this disease aggressively, and being the ginnea pig so that others want need to be. So I guess the legend/characteristics that made me Ironballs lives on to a degree.
  • Slick
    Slick Posts: 382
    Options
    I'm from a small town in Illinois and most of my college friends were from Chicago. They referred to me as a real "city slicker", hence "Slick". That was a long time ago, and nobody has used it since, but I still get a few Christmas cards addressed that way.

Slick

DSCN0013.jpg
  • Semolina Pilchard
    Options
    I have always loved the Beatles song "I Am The Walrus" with the line "I Am The EggMan." So I naturally thought of that for a handle, but Eggman or Walrus was just a little too spot on for me. Semolina Pilchard is a character in that song.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thanks, Michelle, this was fun.

I wish I had thought of a fun handle. I just wanted mine to have Florida in it and the rest is obvious.
    Boring.

AnnaG and cookinbiker, watch the posts and if there is every any egg event anywhere close to your area - go to it, even if you are by yourself. I promise you will be embraced by all of us eggheads. I went to lunch with the Tampa lunch bunch one day and that is how I met the Tampa eggers.

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Always seem to be trying to get out and "Rip" stuff:
    -Golf Balls
    -Upland Game
    -Waterfowl
    -Fish Lips
    -Downhill skis
    -Used to rip tires
    -Now I'm ripn stuff off the Egg like it's my job
    -Our Grouse hunting team name

Adam
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    How cute...Jeffy has his own little 'net stalker.

I'm jealous.
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    I stole mine from a hero of mine the real Captain Cook, the famed British Navigator. One of his ships was named "Endeavour" so I endeavour to use that if I post a pic of one of my cooks. My wife is called The "First Mate"
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Please translate your sig:
    "la vita e troppo corta per mangiare e bere male"

Thank You
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    max and pink loafers. who'da guessed, huh?
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • safetyman
    safetyman Posts: 80
    Options
    I am a health and safety rep. for the Chrysler Corp., for how much longer, I don't know.
  • momcooks
    momcooks Posts: 247
    Options
    It's been my name on cooking boards for years. Since FTV had a board. :laugh:
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    "Life it too short to eat & drink poorly"
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Snoopy Dog Dog
    Options
    I worked for a famous theme restaurant in Oklahoma City while I was in college called Molly Murphy's House of Fine Repute. Everyone dressed up like a character that worked there (Michael Jackson, Mickey Mouse, Batman, etc). I played the part of Snoopy, and when Snoop Dogg began to get popular in the early 90's, we dressed up the Snoopy costume with gold chains a bandana, M.C. Hammer pants and all the works. Snoopy Dog Dog was born and that's the handle I use everywhere.

Chris
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options
    God bless you for being the guinea pig, man - that takes guts! I think the name fits. I pray you have all the good luck in the world with the MS. I have sever diabetes that I don't hide in hopes that somebody might learn something from it. It would be nice if someone benefited from me having it. I am a dedicated blood donor and donate as often as they will let me. It feels good knowing I can help some where.

Gator
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    I was in banking for most of my working career and in our environment we wore long sleeve white or blue dress shirts under our suits year around. To be different every dress shirt I owned over all those years had my monogrammed initials of RRP on the left cuff. Boring and stiff story, I guess, but it was just a a natural continuation for me started in the 1960's!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Lake Conroe Egger
    Options
    I tried for a long to think of a clever handle but to no avail (I guess engineers are born with some missing genes!) So I decided to use a handle that would reveal my whereabouts somewhat in hopes that fellow Houston area eggers would be more inclined to a dialogue and offer local tips etc.

It turns out that Popsicle lives just across the lake from me and Spring Chicken just down the I-45 and TXtriker lives just down the street from where we used to live in Clear Lake area. So I guess the handle achieved my objective.

Great idea, Little Chef, I've really enjoyed reading this thread.
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Hi Little Chef,
    O.K. Now, do you really want me to answer that??? ;)

My Best,
    Bordello
    On The Hunt :evil:
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Julie...LOL...that was when Little Steven was taking our picture...this one was about the fourth attempt!! The first shot....he snapped the photo...You said, "Good Pic?" He said...."OH My NO!!" :blink: We were horrified that we could be so horribly unphotogenic, then he said "that tail-light behind you like... exploded!!" :woohoo: LOL!! So...we moved...and it happened again...LOL...and one more time, before we were laughing so hard we were crying... we finally resorted to the motel as the background! This was before I spilled the wine on your foot. Know how I know? I remember this.....I don't remember spilling wine on your foot!! :woohoo: :whistle: Do I owe you a pair of shoes?? :huh: Oh that's right....you never wear shoes! :laugh:
    That whole weekend was a blast!!!
  • AlwaysGolf
    AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
    Options
    The wife says that I am always golfing. So there you have it