Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LaBomba

Options
Poodlemom
Poodlemom Posts: 85
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anybody refrigerate Bomba after opening?

Comments

• Nope. I stick it right up in the cabinet. Hasn't killed me yet. It's only olive oil.

I stuck it in the 'fridge once and it got all gunky and I waited for it to 'thaw'.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    you opened it and had some left????? hey try stuffed mushrooms with it. 1 c. grated parm, 2 eggs, 2 chopped green onions, about 1 c Italian bread crumbs, the chopped stems from the mushrooms and about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the laBomba :kiss: :evil: so very good!!
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I keep it in the fridge, but probably not necessary. Open jars don't last long.

And I can vouch for Julie's mushroom recipe - incredible!!!
  • Poodlemom
    Poodlemom Posts: 85
    Options
    Sounds great! I'm going to try it. Just saw pix of you truck! We have a '67 Chevy step side that is our baby! Will post pix when I find my flash drive!
  • DHall
    DHall Posts: 180
    Options
    ok what is LaBomba and where do I get it.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Poodlemom

You are supposed to push the solids down into the oil and it is fine. I keep it in the fridge.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Yoohoo Steven,
    How can I twrill your chest hair for some o that?
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Likewise... Thank you Julie. Can anyone tell me a source for La Bomba in the USA?
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Not available in the US....yet.

Maybe one day soon.
  • Mainegg
    Options
    Molly, he can be had for even less effort than that :laugh: of course then he just runs off into the bushes???
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Haha!! That's where he must be because he hasn't replied!! Bush boy?
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    twirling chest hairs? Say, you girls like to party!
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Mainegg
    Options
    The bush man.......
    Picture995-1.jpg
    thanks to a special person lighting them for me :)
  • cookn biker
    Options
    That is way to funny!! That is a keeper Julie!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Mainegg
    Options
    LOL I just wish I had gotten sound... He was begging and pleading for me not to take them. :huh: I just could not help my self. a little vino and I am out of control.... :side: does that sound like a good excuse??? then when I loaded them on the pc they were so dark..... :( and someone sent me a sweet email with them all touched up :evil: so I just figured it was meant to be! I feel a little guilty as he did bring me 4 jars of Bomba :ermm: :huh:
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Molly. I'll add a jar when I send the feet.