Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Spares

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Doing some simple pork spares seasoned with our leader drbbq's own BoneSmokers rub. These will go direct on the grill of the Small Egg over hickory chunks, flipping/rearranging every 45 minutes. Side dishes include beer and cigars.[p]Happy Saturday,
Cornfed
[/b]

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Cornfed,
    LOL...the side dishes got me...I`m sure you will enjoy.[p]Wess

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    WessB,[p]These are true "bachelor ribs." This arrangement will surely never appear in Gourmet magazine nor be posted on epicurious.com, but, as you say, I'm sure I'll enjoy![p]Hey, you should go to the Liberty BBQ competition next weekend. Dr. Woo, C Biddy, and myself will be judging, Nature Boy will be cooking with the notorious drbbq, Cap'n will be celebrating a birthday, Smokin' Todd may make an appearance, I think it will be on FoodTV, etc....[p]
    Later,
    Cornfed
    [/b]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Cornfed,
    I will be visiting drbbq, and others, but will be doing a little cooking with a team called "Pellet Envy". I greatly look forward to it, and to seeing all of you. And looks like there will be a little Bday celebration as well!![p]Yeeeeeha!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    okrapickled.jpg
    <p />Cornfed:[p]You forgot the pickled okra . . .
  • Mac  in NC
    Mac in NC Posts: 287
    Options
    Cornfed, With side dishes like that, who needs a main course??? Mac

• Mac  in NC
    Options
    djm5x9, Dude, I could eat every jar of those!!! Loved the d*amn things ever since I was a kid growing up in SC! Never did learn how to pickle 'em myself. Care to share the knowledge? Mac

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Mac in NC:[p]You will appreciate this: I placed a jar clearly visible in the company refrigerator week before last. Evidently tension had built beyond containment because there was a loud ruckus early this past week as six people were opening a difficult canning top and devouring pickled okra![p]As for the recipe, use the standard vinegar/water mix for pickling and take your liberties by adding the spices you like. Dill, whole cayenne pepper, and garlic are the favorites around here. It is best to make larger unit quantities if you really like pickled okra. When canning, I use the water bath method taking great care not to over cook – there is nothing worse than pickled okra that has no crunch! Depending on the jar size, the canning bath could be half the time of what is called for in the “Ball Canning Guide”.[p]The okra, dill, and pepper come from the garden making my product extremely fresh, from field to jar in a couple of hours. All of my asparagus production this year went to the table, but next year I will have some pickled asparagus. Nothing like offering your guests the choice of pickled okra or pickled asparagus for their Bloody Mary’s
  • Mac  in NC
    Options
    djm5x9, That's funny!! Thanks for the pickling advice. Now, I just need to find the okra at the local farmer's market. Mac