Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Inside of egg got wet!!

JackBurtonJackBurton Posts: 35
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I came home and there was a hint of sprinkle so I thought I could fire up the egg before the rain hit. The lid was open and some big rain came in. I shut it down and inspected when it let up.

The starter cube had just finished and the egg wasn't hot at all. I took out all the glowing lump and wiped out as much moisture as possible. The gasket is damp but not soaked and there is a little moisture inside the egg. What should I do at this point?

The rain should be gone by tomorrow and I can work on drying it out.

Thanks
·

Comments

• egretegret Posts: 4,025
    Don't worry about it. Won't hurt a thing! Light it up and use it as if nothing happened......
    ·
  • Bob-OBob-O Posts: 211
    I would put dry lump in, fire it back up and cook.
    ·
  • Put in some veggies and steam 'em!
    :P
    ·
  • The rain's coming off and on so I'm going to call no joy tonight. Tomorrow I'll have to cook something and work on drying it out. I just don't want anything to crack.
    ·
  • DHallDHall Posts: 180
    Start building an outdoor cooking area complete with roof hehe.
    ·
  • The general consensus on here is that it is nothing to worry about, and I have no reason to doubt it. If you want to play it safe you may want to light it up early before your cook tomorrow and let it roll for an hour or two at low temps to slowly drive out any moisture left behind.
    ·
  • djgdjg Posts: 19
    Mine got wet today cooking ribs, didnt hurt a thing, next time go for it with some dry lump, it wont crack.
    ·