Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Royal Oak in Lancaster, PA area

Options
Shiff
Shiff Posts: 1,835
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I needed some more charcoal so I decided to find out where I could get Royal Oak around here. I'll eventually get up to Fred's in Shillington to get some Wicked Good, but didn't want to go that far today.

My first stop was at Meadow Creek BBQ in New Holland. They have 20 pound bags of US Royal Oak for $13.50.

I had been to the 2 Walmarts in Lancaster recently and didn't find any, but I stopped at the one in Ephrata and found they had 10 pound bags of US Royal Oak for $6.37. I'll have to stop in the more local ones soon to see if they are carrying it also.

Barry
Large BGE
Barry, Lancaster, PA

Comments

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Barry, I don't know where you are in Lancaster, but the Walmart in Exton carries it (it was $5 something last season for the 10 pound bags, have not checked this year yet but I am sure it went up...), its about that time to get in the pick up for a run on 20 or so bags...
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Shiff
    Options
    We're near the Park City mall area. Exton is a bit of a ride. We get to Ephrata often due to the Green Dragon Farmer's Market (Fridays).

I think Walmart has raised their prices this year (not as much as BGE), since others have reported similar prices this year at other Walmarts.

Barry
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Shiff, that is presicly what I paid this morning here in Colorado. Up a bit from last year by a few $$.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    Options
    I just paid $6.37 at Walmart in southwest Austin about 45 minutes ago.
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Options
    Rohrers Hardware on Columbia Ave used to carry RO but I haven't checked this year. Meadowcreek is probably the best place to but it. Bowmans in Ephrata only carries BGE.
  • Shiff
    Options
    I'll have to check out Rohrers hardware to see if they are still carrying it. Walmart is cheaper than Meadow Creek, but I'd rather buy it at Meadow Creek.

Barry
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA