Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hamburger Help

Options
Tar Heel Smokey Mon
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have been eggin' for about 5 years, but have NEVER cooked hamburgers on the EGG. Beachin' it here by the Chesapeake Bay today with my two nephews and thought they might like a burger. Threw out my old Ducane a couple weeks back, so I gonna have to do these on the BGE. Seventy-five and sunny in Virgnia Beach this morning. Looks like another scorcher! Any advice on burgers greatly appreciated.

Comments

• poqal
    poqal Posts: 53
    Options
    Tar Heel Smokey Mon,
    This Egg-newbie bows to your 5 years egging seniority, but we did our first burgers last week-end. Followed the Dad's Delicious Big Green Burgers recipe on the beef recipe page of the BGE website. I left the burgers to marinate in the Worchestershire (Lea & Perrins) longer than recommended and left off the cheese, but followed the remainder of the recipe to a "T". Plopped those medium rare puppies on some french hamburger buns fresh from the bakery, big ole slice of Vidalia onion along with a slice of red ripe tomatoe.
    The side was a copy cat recipe for KFC's cole slaw. Watermelon for dessert. [p]Life was good at the dinner table last Saturday. :>)[p]poqal

• Dawgtired
    Dawgtired Posts: 632
    Options
    Tar Heel Smokey Mon,
    I can't help you with cooking times,etc., because I haven't cooked burgers on my egg yet. However, I cooked some burgers on my Weber tonight that were delicious. There is a recipe on the archives with Ritz crackers, applesauce,etc. Try it out, they were great.

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan