Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Question

Cornbread Willy
Cornbread Willy Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi there everybody. I haven't ever cooked a brisket before, but I'm thinking it's about time. I've been reading the recent posts with interest. I'm going to poke around the various expert's private sites to hopefully find a walk-through of the process. I buy alot of meat at Sam's and was wondering if you guys use their briskets? Do theirs (his?) have fat caps on them or not? I gather I want to get one with a fat cap - is that right? Fat cap - that's a pretty funny concept if you think about it.[p]Thanks for your help. Hope everybody has a great weekend.[p]Jonathan

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Cornbread Willy,
    I've bought flats from Sams. They seem to be pretty good to me, but I'm not an expert. They have had fat caps on them.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Cornbread Willy,[p]I've had very good luck with Sam's Club meat including briskets. There are always plenty to pick from and most with a decent fat cap of at least 1/4 inch.[p]K~G

• CR
    CR Posts: 175
    Cornbread Willy, I have only done two briskets; the first one was great, the second not so good. Now I can't remember the details of the cut of meat, the set-up in the Egg, and the cooking times and temps from the first to the second cooks.[p]Lesson Learned--- keep good notes on all the details so you canadjust your process the next time.