Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bacon from pork belly?

BluesnBBQBluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited 1:19AM in EggHead Forum
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everything's going well.

Last night I watched the episode of Good Eats where AB makes bacon from pork belly. He brines it, dries it with a fan and cold smokes it for 6 hours.

Is there a way to do this in the Egg without setting up a cold-smoking device? I'm thiking of trying this and doing it indirect over a very low temp, maybe with ice in the drip pan.

Has anyone tried this?

I know of a coupe of local Asian/Lation markets that have pork belly (also, head-on shrimp, whole red snapper, cheap skirt steak and other goodies!)
·

Comments