Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Band problem - Small

DryFly
DryFly Posts: 351
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got a deal on a old (10 plus or more years old) but unused Small from a authorized dealer back in November with the old scissor type hinges on the sides. Every time I opened the unit and tried to engage the hinges they pulled up the band hence misaligning the dome and base. I could see that there was a sizing problem and contacted BGE and they exchanged it with the same type bands but that fit better but as much as I tighten them there is still band slippage on the rim. The person I dealt with said he thought that the current spring assisted bands might be too wide and would prevent the 2 halves from closing all the way. Can one of you guys with a recent model small with the spring assist measure the width of the band and post the exact measurement? Mine are about 1/2". If the spring assist is the same I will get one. Not urgent. When you get around to it. Thanks guys!

Comments