Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Barbeque chicken

Options
greggsegg
greggsegg Posts: 31
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have a good recipe/formula for skinless barbequed chicken breast?

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    GREGGSEGG,
    The seasoning/prep possibilities are endless. Any specific flavors you are looking for??[p]As far as cooking, assuming you mean boneless/skinless, a hot fire (500 or more) and a quick cook (a few minutes per side) works best. There is a very small window between under and overcooked, so you have to be paying attention. 160-170 internal temp is the window of perfection. If the pieces are not evenly thick, it helps to pound them a bit until they are more even.[p]HTH
    Happy thursday.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Porkchop
    Porkchop Posts: 155
    Options
    also, if these are fresh, minimally processed (i.e. not tumbled), you can brine them for an hour beforehand. if they are the frozen variety, they've most likely been "enhanced" already... since they are skinless, you might add a layer of olive oil (spray on or otherwise) with your spices before hitting the grill.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Porkchop,
    How exactly can you tell if your skinless breast has been tumbled? or processed?[p]

• Porkchop
    Porkchop Posts: 155
    Options
    Nardi, it should say on the packaging, wording something like "enhanced with a solution of XX% broth" or somesuch thing. all of tyson's fresh chicken at sams is now "enhanced" this way. i don't think i've ever encountered frozen skinless boneless chicken breasts that were not "enhanced" this way.
  • greggsegg
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Thanks for the info. I'll watch closely so as not to dry out.

• greggsegg
    Options
    Porkchop,
    Thanks for input. Will use tips wisley