Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Off and Running, but still have a few questions?

The Barbequetioner
The Barbequetioner Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all,
I picked up my egg on Tuesday. Stopped off at the store and grabbed a few items for my first cook. I couldnt wait! I had some trouble with initial temps, I think it was from not using enough lump. The food was OK, the cornbread was fantastic. So instead of getting discouraged I made a second attempt last night. Changed the amount of lump I started with and It made all the difference in the world. I am now an EGGHEAD!!!. After dinner I whipped up some homemade blueberry muffins and my whole neighborhood smelled like them. I loved it.

Here are my questions. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

1. I bought a plate setter and cooked the chickens right on it. Is that ok? I wanted the chickens on the grill above the plate setter, but with the plate setter in I couldnt close the lid.

2. I have the XL and was wondering if I needed the plate setter for the large for it to sit lower.

Thanks in advance!

Comments