Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

TONIGHT"S DINNER

Boss HoggBoss Hogg Posts: 1,377
edited 10:26AM in EggHead Forum
Usually don't do prime rib in the middle of the week, but haven't had much time the past few weekends to "egg" much, plus, my son had his girlfriend over & I was home early today, so I decided to invest some time in the backyard.
A small prime rib-only 5 lbs., rubbed in Tasty Licks Redeye Redmeat Rub
BigGreeneggPhotos150.jpg
BigGreeneggPhotos148.jpg
A Crown Royal Manny and a cigar to keep me in the back yard rather than wondering off to do one of a zillion odd jobs around the place
BigGreeneggPhotos149.jpg
On the egg about 1 hour at 350* indirect
BigGreeneggPhotos151.jpg
Pulled at 126* internal and plated
BigGreeneggPhotos154.jpg
This was the second prime rib I ever did on the egg. Came out great. My son & his girlfriend were impressed. Just doing my part... ;)
Brian
Wernersville, PA

Comments

• FockerFocker Posts: 3,658
    Nice pics Boss Hogg, fantastic job.

You can't beat a couple of Crown Mannys, a stog, and a plate like that B)

How was the rub?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Now that is a good looking meal!
  • Boss HoggBoss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    The rub was really good. I just picked it up last week at Fred's Music & BBQ. Had it on a strip steak over the weekend, and liked it so much I put it on the prime rib tonight. It's a coffee based rub. Now that the weather's broke,there's something special about eggin and drinkin and smokin! :woohoo:
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,256
    What a great way to enjoy hump day.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
    All the un-healthy habits all rolled into one! :laugh:
    It was even better than that. I went bird hunting with my Brittany this morning and brought home 8 pheasants. Only missed one B)
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Brian.....100% my kind of post.....great food & int. temp & great a torpedo cigar...
  • Sure looks tasty. I've been wanting to try my first prime rib and this is good inspiration.
    Beli-
    Thanks! That cigar blew off my egg table and it split the wrapper :angry: . Tried smoking it but the wrapper burned off so I had to get another to make it all the way through the cook :P
    Brian
    Check out the Mad Max recipe on the Naked Whiz's website. Except for the rub, that's what I did.
    Brian
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Don't know if I would change anything for the next one. That is picture perfect. Did you cook it bone side down the entire time?

Mike
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Don't know if I would change anything for the next one. That is picture perfect. Did you cook it bone side down the entire time?

Mike
    Mike-
    Yes-bone side down. But I'm just learning to cook (within the last 9 mos. since I got my egg). Sooooo-I don't know if that's how I'm supposed to cook it or if there's a better way. I'm open to any suggestions.
    Brian
  • UGAVETUGAVET Posts: 577
    Man, What a midweek meal!!
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    that looks great prime rib on wednesday night???? your family is getting spoiled :laugh:

and thanks for sharing you secret on how not to wonder off .