Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

...and a good time was had by all in Peoria...

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, the first "annual" BGE cook off in Peoria, IL is now history. Not sure how many customers graced the dealer's doors, but all told it had to me at least a couple hundred. There were 10 of us who cooked and naturally couldn't feed the masses, but it was fun trying! I believe the dealer sold all 10 units so hopefully that will be an incentive for him to make this truly an annual event. Perhaps too this might be food for thought for other dealers elsewhere to give this a try.
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• maddaug
    maddaug Posts: 56
    Options
    RRP,
    We too had a wonderful time. The food was great. Ron, we have pizza on our mind. Looks like pizza Monday. It was fun to meet everyone and encourage the new egg owners that they were making a choice they would not regret. The eggs just sell themselves. Thanks to Hearth and Patio and Rocke's Meats for making this all happen. Getting 2nd place wasn't so bad either.

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    RRP,
    Any pictures?[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • RRP
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    My better half took regular 35mm and I know the owner videoed it in parts (I hope with the thought of footage for next year's TV ads) but otherwise I can't say as I saw any other cameras. I encouraged folks to come look at this site...afterall for most folks after sticker shock then buying a BGE is not an impulse decision, but one to mull over. We all know how friendly and helpful this board is in making a decision at an individual's own comfort speed.

• RRP
    Options
    maddaug,
    and contrats to you and the other folks as well! Let's stay in touch!
    Off now to F Scott Fitzgerald's Steak House to celebrate my wife's retirement yesterday after 37 years teaching in Peoria 150!

• Timahh
    Timahh Posts: 7
    Options
    RRP,[p]Man, I had a very good time. Unfortunately I had to take off right after my roast was done, to a golf outing that I had comitted to before the eggfest. My wife had to call me while I was on the first hole to tell me that I took first place with the 4 lb. prime rib roast that I smoked. I do have to admit that it was delish. But, I also have to admit that the meat and the egg did most of the work. (The mustard & seasoning rub helped too. IMHO) Had a good time. Thanks to all, (Wes, Pork Chop, Ron & everyone else there), for the advice and tips. Wish I had some pictures of it to post, but man, that thing went as fast as I could carve it. The few things that I did get to sample b4 I left of others dishes were EXCELLENT (wings, abt's tenderloin, etc....). Once again, thanks to all. I was just the rookie there who had himself a good time and a nice cut of meat to cook, and was fortunate enough to have it turn out well. Thanks Rocke's & Hearth & Patio. Happy Eggin'.....Nanu Nanu !!!
  • RRP
    Options
    Timahh,
    Congrats to you!
    Yes, it was a fun day.
    Now that you've found the board, please come back and be a regular visitor here. We have to get more central Illinois eggers and want-to-be-eggers getting more active here. This year it was 10 units cooking & smokin - next year's goal should be 20! Ron

• Timahh
    Timahh Posts: 7
    Options
    RRP,
    Thank you. I agree with you 100%. 20 to 25 eggs next year would be great. More food to be eaten !!!!!! Was kind of hard to keep everyone fed that showed up. Hopefully I'll come more prepared next year than I was this year.
    Since they sold all 10 eggs, there should be, at least, 20 eggers there next year ready to go, hopefully. I get out here as much as I can. Sometimes daily, and sometimes a few times a week. My two little one's keep me hoppin'. I'm sure I'll be chatting with you soon. Tim

• Unknown
    Options
    RRP,
    hey ron......it's jessica from hearth and patio. we're glad that everyone had fun and we are looking forward to having another shindig next year! My husband and I actually purchased a lg egg that day so now i've got some learning to do. Looks like i'll be able to get lots of good tips off the forum

does this mean i've joined "the cult"?!

• RRP
    Options
    Jessica, yup! Now we'll teach you the secret handshake, the sercet whistle and even the secret...well, that's so TOP secret we can't even say what it is!!!
    Remember this is the place for recipes galore and all the help you want. That cookbook is good for 3 things only:
    1) the registration card
    2) instructions on how to calibrate your thermometer
    3) all other pages can be used to start your fires!
    Don't believe me??? Read the baby back recipe that suggests you can cook them in 45 minutes or the part that all the lump you need is a couple handfulls!
    Again, Jessica - welcome to the world of the BGE!