Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Marinated BBQ-style Shrimp

EGCEGC Posts: 448
edited 10:10PM in EggHead Forum
I've been a shrimp lover for 36 years, and think this is the best recipe I've ever made. We had it twice in 4 days.

Bought some fresh LARGE (10-15 count) Royal Reds with heads on at Joe Patti's in Pensacola.

DSC_0131.jpg

Marinated for a several hours with equal parts melted butter, EVOO and worcestershire. Added a few TBS of mined garlic and a couple TBS of Bad Byron's Jubilee seafood rub. Depending on how hot you want it, you could add some hot sauce or cayenne. For the last 2 hours of marinating, added the juice of one lemon, a few more glugs of worcester and a sprinkling of some additional rub.

DSC_0157.jpg

Baked at 375 for 15 minutes, flipping the shrimp halfway through. Used the same pyrex dish we marinated in.

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

Crash potatos boiled in heavily salted water and a couple TBS of seafood rub. Then rubbed with EVOO, topped with minced garlic, Tony's cajun seasoning and a small slice of Boar's Head horseradish cheddar. Baked the taters for about 20 minutes, same oven as the shrimp.

DSC_0195.jpg

Here it is plated.

DSC_0198.jpg

No leftovers either night. This will have to be awesome on the egg. Can't wait to get home and try it out.

Maybe the best part is dunking hot french bread into the sauce.
·

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Sounds great.

You should add this to the recipes section. I am always on the prowl for new shrimp recipes.
    ·
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Thanks for posting. That looks wonderful. Gonna try it in my CI skillet on the Egg.
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,729
    Great post and pictures...
    Wish I had a good lunch now.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • TuckTuck Posts: 54
    Welcome to Pensacola! What did you think of Joe Patti's? We'll head over there and pick up a couple of pounds of shrimp and just have them steam them there. They have two options, steamed regular or spicy and we always get the spicy. Then we just take those home and peel 'em and eat 'em.

If you are still in town, I recommend trying the Fishhouse (http://fishhouse.goodgrits.com/index.php). I love that place.
    ·
  • EGCEGC Posts: 448
    Guess I could add a recipe. Never done that before.
    ·
    Thanks, they were awesome.
    ·
    We LOVE Joe Patti's! We hit it on the way to Navarre, and typically made another trip to Pensacola during the week to pick up a few more things. We'll try some of the steamed shrimp later this week. That sure sounds like a good healthy snack.

We have eaten at the Fishhouse several times and have never been disappointed. What the story with the new place on the water between Joe Patti's and the Fishhouse? I think it was called the Crab Trap.
    ·
    Thanks, Darian. If I had any more shrimp, I'd be eating them now, too.
    ·
  • TuckTuck Posts: 54
    I haven't eaten at the one here in Pensacola, but I have eaten at the Crab Trap in Orange Beach, AL. It wasn't bad.
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Never seen it done like that. Looks heavenly!!!! I love me some shrimp and like Fidel all ways looking for new ides. I found one! ;)
    ·
  • MakoBBQMakoBBQ Posts: 230
    Today was one of those chilly rainy days in NC and wondering what would be good to cook inside. Decided to try your recipe and it was great. Thanks for sharing.

BBQShrimp001.jpg

BBQShrimp002.jpg
    ·