Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's your favorite cookbook???

Options
BubbaGump
BubbaGump Posts: 39
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've seen a few posts referencing good cookbooks for eggin'. Can some of you tell me which ones you prefer so I can go pick one up and learn some new stuff?[p]Thanks!
Buster

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    BubbaGump, you know...Smoke and Spice is handy and gives recipes and for the creative out there many ideas...OTOH this board and its recipe section devoted to "BGE converted" recipes is still my favorite.
    BTW my wife has been collecting cook books for over 35 years and she has hundreds and hundreds - not bragging, mind you, but just telling you I have lots of cook books at my disposal but this board and folks who share here beat them hands down!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Aron
    Aron Posts: 170
    Options
    BubbaGump,[p]Like RRP said, this website is a great place to get recipes. Bill Wise, aka Wise One even did us all a great favor by compiling some of his favorites into an electronic cookbook (in adobe acrobat format) hosted on the naked whiz's site among others. I've included a link to the naked whiz's recipes page, and you just have to click on "Bill Wise's BGE Cookbook" to get it for yourself. It's got a whole bunch of recipes in it, and if there's anything else you need, just ask for it here and someone will help you out.
    --Aron

[ul][li]naked whiz's recipe page--click on bill wise's bge cookbook.[/ul]
  • Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    BubbaGump,
    I like Smoke and Spice, How To Cook Meat and my new favorite "Hot and Sticky BBQ". This last one I bought and like it so much I got a copy for my brother and a brother-in-law (Both Egg owners)......

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    BubbaGump,
    I come here first when looking for a recipe, then go to Wise One's electronic opus. Like RRP, I have access to a couple of hundred cookbooks spanning the past century, and as much of the world as gets translated into English, and only go there for reference.[p]Ken

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    BubbaGump,
    Like Ken (Bluesmoke)I look here, Bill Wise's compilation, and check in every now and then with Alton Brown's cookbook.

• Peggy
    Peggy Posts: 122
    Options
    RRP,
    I have hundreds of cookbooks too! I think the last time we counted (my son counted) I had 523! I'm addicted to them and sad to say, I don't have time to read them. Your wife and I would have fun together talking about our collection! However, when it comes to grilling on the egg, our fellow eggers offer the best advice hands down!!!! 2nd to the our fellow eggers, I like Steve Raichlen's series: How to Grill; BBQ Bible and he has a new one out this month BBQ USA which of course is in the mail to me due to arrive any day now. Good luck!