Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

med BGE

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How many persons can you reasonably cook for on a med BGE? As an example, take hamburgers. Compare to lge BGE.[p]Thanks

Comments

• ColoradoCook
    ColoradoCook Posts: 152
    mellow,[p]It's not the size that matters but how good you use it. :-)[p]Keep in mind that everything cooks faster and better on the Egg. A standard 1/4 lb burger takes two minutes a side when the Egg is at 650 degrees or higher. A 1/2 lb burger goes 2/2/2-4, that's two minutes a side and dwell time of 2 to 4 minutes (dampers shut down). So, if a medium is the right size for you and your budget you'll be able to meet the needs of your weekend guest.[p]CC
  • ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    mellow,
    Check out my site. Everything you see there was cooked on the medium.
    I'm guessing four good sized burger at a time on the medium.

[ul][li]Cooking on a Medium Egg[/ul]
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    MyBge_small.jpg
    <p />mellow, and check out my site. Like the last post, everything was also cooked on my medium BGE.[p]I don't do BBQ Turkey, but have never really been limited - the diameter of the medium is 15 inches as oppoed to 18 for the large. I'm guessing you could do more than 4 burgers![p]
    [ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]