Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket in roasting pot

Options
ipassgas
ipassgas Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone cooked a brisket in a roasting pot similar to how one would cook it in the oven? I traditionally use a roasting pan, with some kind of liquid (often salsa, onion soup, and some honey)in the oven at 350 for 4-5 hours. I'm thinking of using the egg instead.
I'd like to keep it in the pan with the sauce. I've seen many recipes with the brisket alone on the grill indirect but I haven't seen any in a roasting pan with sauce. Any ideas or suggestions?

Comments

• JPF
    JPF Posts: 592
    Options
    Should work out great. Anything that can be cooked in the oven can be done better in a egg. I would think it would put some smoke flavor in it. I know roast sure turns out much better in the egg. Let us know how it turns out and take some pictures to post for us. Good luck
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Maybe you could smoke it for a couple of hours and then pot it. I hope it turns out great. Good luck and Good eats!
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Sounds alot like what Mom used to make. I wasn't a fan of brisket. Then I has a BBQed brisket and was hooked.

Brisket smoked to perfection is a thing of beauty, and the "bunrt ends", well ... "just damn", that good eatin'!!
  • Buxwheat
    Buxwheat Posts: 727
    Options
    First time I have seen a post of yours. I'm guessing you give anesthesia, too. I've always wanted vanity plates w/ that name. Too many letters for a GA plate, though.