Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Observation

Options
Zippylip
Zippylip Posts: 4,768
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am fairly certain that I have never met a nicer, more gracious group of people in my life. Also I am awestruck by the collective talent of this group. I have a new perspective of & appreciation for the egghead. I look forward now to Waldorf to see you all again. Marc
happy in the hut
West Chester Pennsylvania

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Did Santa leave a chicken stand outside your hotel room door this morning?

It was a pleasure to meet you in person and knock back a few beers with you.
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    Your rub tasted real good. Putting them on the several pounds of wings I brought home.
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Marc:

It was a pleasure to finally put a face with the character from your posts! :laugh:

Great talking with you yesterday...hope to see you again in Waldorf!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    It was great hanging out with you Marc and thanks again for the cooking help. Did you buy another cooler :laugh: . I'm loading a few pics now and hope to have them up soon.
  • Zippylip
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: I got up & was about to stuff that thing in my carry-on & had this image of the homeland security guy pulling it out & hitting that "button", just wasn't looking forward to another body cavity search :ohmy:

It was really great meeting you Rod, already looking forward to the next time we can hang out
    happy in the hut
  • Zippylip
    Options
    we are on the same wavelength then, as we speak I have 5lbs of thighs on rub-down, 400, little cherry wood, few taters, couple Sammys, & one fresh pineapple for the new bottle of DP rub, going to work tomorrow is gonna be a rude, rude, ugly thing
    happy in the hut
  • Zippylip
    Options
    Ditto Jay, it was indeed nice to meet you & sample your cook'n, particularly the sausage/cheese roll & shrimp burgers, outstanding - & yes, hopefully we'll get together at Waldorf, I will be cookin there too, I'll be sure to bring by something for you to sample ;)
    happy in the hut
  • Zippylip
    Options
    Pat the pleasure was all mine, you guys are too much, too generous... At 2:20am (yes, that is AM) as I was pulling out of the lot, I did a quick fly by the back to see if anyone was still alive (I did half-expect to see you standing there blowing on the small egg to cool it down cursing Steven for making you cook more stuff), the only thing left was that godforsaken piece of crap you made my buy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    happy in the hut
  • omba
    omba Posts: 241
    Options
    Marc,

We enjoyed your company immensely.
    And let's not forget ...
    Were it not for you, I'd still be waiting for my egg to cool! :laugh:

Thanks again,
    Peter
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    how many was a "few"? sorry i couldn't make it happen, gents.

as luck would have it, the clients that were saupposed to bombard me with work have dragged their feet, and monday at 11 is when i should get the cr^p from them to start on. my weekend wasn't as frigging booked as it was supposed to be
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Marc it was awesome to finally meet you in person! You sure do mesh in with us. I'm looking forward to the next time we can get together!
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Picture1018.jpg
    I don't think you looked like you really had much hope for it LOL
  • Zippylip
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , that was really really funny man, you are going to Waldorf right?
    happy in the hut
  • Zippylip
    Options
    Thanks Todd, it was really great to meet you too (& your beautiful family), I am thinking about that Pastrami you carved up, the one I ate 5 pieces of AFTER I couldn't eat another thing, that was some tasty stuff. By the way, the Carnivore has seeped into the subconscious & I have hatched its first two applications, & as soon as I can gather the other necessary components I think I will be firing up the camera again, could be picture worthy
    happy in the hut
  • Zippylip
    Options
    :lol: is that after the explosion? That little guy served its purpose, it kept the beer cold for 36 hours :) - It was really nice to meet you, & to answer your question, May 2, 2009
    happy in the hut
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    And it seems to me, the bar gets raised after each eggfest for cooking. Heck, even on a daily basis. There is some talent on this board.

Mike
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I can't count that high.

Which reminds me, I still owe the Zipster for half a case of brew. I'll include payment with the shipment I'll send out tomorrow,
  • Zippylip
    Options
    And, it is hard to appreciate the talent without seeing it first hand, pictures only do so much. Being there & acutally sampling everything is quite humbling
    happy in the hut
  • Zippylip
    Options
    what are you kidding me, if you do its gonna make a round trip back with whatever I feel like stuffing back in the box the 'ax' comes in
    happy in the hut
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Marc,

It was great to meet you and Ginny and I look forward to hanging with you in Waldorf. I will be back to work on Tuesday and I will send you an email with the info you are looking for. See you in Waldorf... :P
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    yet another reason for me to dodge another eggfest. tough competition.

in my house and among friends i'm "the guy who can cook". on the forum or at an eggfest i'd be the "dude that cooked those horrible hot dogs"
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante