Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dinner. Hmmm.... (lotta pics)

Options
usc1321
usc1321 Posts: 627
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up some beef ribs at the store the other day at a nice price and.... Well see for yourself :laugh: :woohoo: :whistle:
Rubbed and ready to cook :silly:
DSC03153.jpg
After about 5 hours @ 220 dome :pinch:
DSC03160.jpg
Added some Maurice's Carolina Gold sauce to them :whistle:
DSC03165.jpg
Fresh off the egg :woohoo: :evil: :silly:
DSC03170.jpg
DSC03172.jpg
Here they are cut open :ohmy: :woohoo:
DSC03173.jpg
On the plate with the wife's macaroni pie and veggies:silly: :laugh:
DSC03175.jpg
Ohh and I could not forget some dessert :side: My wife made some angel food cake with some fresh strawberries and whipped cream :woohoo:
DSC03179.jpg
Great dinner and now I am have to get ready to start lunch for tomorrow. I am am prepping a 6 pound butt for pulled pork. :evil:
;)B)

Comments

• Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    looking good but after the dinner I ate tonight I am going to wait till tomorrow to do it again. :laugh:
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Jeff, that's just mean!!!!

Excellent looking cook and the last picture well that did it.

Nice cook.

GG
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Just ate 2lbs brisket, corn on the cob,and potato salad and your making me hungry. Nice ribs! Good luck and good eats
  • usc1321
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Kent, Your are correct on that :laugh:
    That cake did it for me as well. ;)B)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Jeff, what a great looking dinner. Great team work. I must say your pics a just great!
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • BuBaQlishus
    BuBaQlishus Posts: 132
    Options
    Yea baby that's what I am talking about :woohoo: Great looking cook...off to get beef ribs..interested in your rub...where to get, looks mustard based...looks outstanding :whistle:
  • Oledog
    Oledog Posts: 118
    Options
    Those are great looks ribs, nice jobs!
    Chris
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    man...you're killin me jeff!!..been dyin for some beef ribs but couldn find any this week...not gettin to cook much this weekend :angry: my anniversary is this week and the wife just HAD to go out for dinner and she's makin me b'day meal today..grrrr..first weekend I can remember not cookin somethin in a long time! :pinch:
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Wow, it all looks great! I'll try to hunt some beef ribs down.... the trouble is finding good ones in my neck of the woods.
    I love 5 hour cooks, makes for a great afternoon of smokin and messin around.
    Thank you very much for the great pictures and hope you enjoy the butt cook. :cheer:
    Clay
  • Tractor
    Tractor Posts: 288
    Options
    Gotta fix me some'a dem!!
  • usc1321
    Options
    The rub is nothing special. Just your standard rib rub and then just some yellow mustard. ;) I applied the rub and the mustard. Wrapped the ribs in plastic wrap for 4 hours and then cooked. :woohoo:
    Looks harder than it really is. :woohoo: :laugh: