Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled pork...

Options
SuperDave
SuperDave Posts: 319
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I smoked a 8.5 lb Boston Butt with hickory wood overnight for about 17 hours @ 250º dome and it was great. Dizzy Pig Coarse Dizzy Dust was the rub.
Now that the tribe wants seconds, what's the best way to reheat? Technique, temperature, etc... It's been over a year since I've done a Butt.

Thanks!

Comments

• BigDaddy - OCT
    Options
    Fun when the family loves it isn't it? I made my first just a couple of weeks ago and tonight we thawed the leftovers to feed my wife's family in celebration of her father's birthday. My wife just warmed it in a big skillet with some beef stock to kind of reconstitute it.

A little Sweet Baby Ray's Honey sauce was added also (I don't have any of Big 'uns sauce yet) and then we let the guests add the amount of sauce that they wanted as they fixed their sandwiches.

Good luck!

BD
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    One of the suggestions given to me was to add a 12 oz. "real" coca cola to 2-5 lb pork before reheating.

Also can add water and/or apple juice.

The coke will add about 240 calories to the meat, so we felt like this was too much.

I warmed some up today for a picnic and added about 1/2 c. water and 1/4 cup apple juice to about a 1-quart container of pulled pork. Turned out great!
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    I wonder how Coke Zero would be Clark