Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty Question?

Options
gasface
gasface Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok so i bought my first BGE 2 weeks and am very excited. However I just opened it today (east coast and still cold) and found the users manual with the warranty card in it.
The warranty cars says it must be returned within 10 days of purchase to be valid. Ive passed my 10 days and find this time frame to be ridiculous.
A 10 day window for a product said to last up to 20 years??? I contacted the dealer and they agreed to take back the egg if I can't get the warranty but I would hate to have to return it.
I sent BGE an email and am awaiting a reply.
Has anyone had similar issues with the warranty?

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    no i bought both of mine from the mothership...

but i am sure you will be ok.. justy pick up the phone and call the mothership in atlanta

http://www.biggreenegg.com/contact.html

since most cell phone carriers have free weekends you should be able to get an answer today... but i am sure you are going to be ok ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Dave Shady
    Dave Shady Posts: 247
    Options
    I wouldn't think you would have a problem with the 10 day thing. Or the dealer would make you a new recipt and re-date it as a service to you the customer... I know I would do that before making your return your Egg.

Give them a Call but if not ask your dealer for a new sales slip if you need it.
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Not to worry. Just mail the card in. Nothing bad will happen. I don't think I ever sent in my warrantee card and my dealer had honored the warrantee without question.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Options
    In most states the 10-day limitation has been ruled void (i.e. they can not hold you to the 10-day limit).
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    You are ok. Folks have sent them in months late they are registered just fine.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Thanks for the post.

You don't need to worry about 10 days being too short a time, state laws, having the dealer date change a warranty.

BGE is a great company and from my experience they won't short change anyone.

My warranty cards (4) are sitting on the desk - for 2 years now. Some day I will get around to sending them in.

BTW, BGE has sent me a new dome under warranty.

GG
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    Sorta the same answer as others say but with a twist:

I believe that Federal regulations say that no manufacturer can announce a warranty for their product and require that you send in any kind of registration whether with a deadline or not. Simply put, you either have a warranty or you don't, and no action on your part is required to get its benefits. In part that is in recognition that most registrations are nothing more than the gathering of marketing data. The manufacturer might, however, require that you show proof of purchase or similar documentation.

A manufacturer can say that their warranty is such-and-such but if you send in the card you will get extra benefits.
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    I had a similar deal. I purchased my egg and then took the manual to read on a business trip the next day. Must have left it on the nightstand. Two weeks later I'm standing at my dealer waiting for them to come back with the answer to my question. I was looking over the warranty and noticed the same thing.

Emailed Customer Service, Bruce emailed back, sent me a new book, and said I was OK.