Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Premade Outside Storage

Options
loco_engr
loco_engr Posts: 5,765
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have any Rubbermaid or something similiar
exterior storage cabinets? Looking for some ideas as I'm plum running outta room and the "War Dept" :ermm:
is starting to express concerns :S

Thanks
aka marysvilleksegghead
Lrg 2008
mini 2009
XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
Henny Youngman:
I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    I picked up a $59 garden closet from Lowes. It has 4 adjustable shelf and 4 adjustable door hangers. It's about 6' tall and 30 to 36 inches wide.

Works fantastic and all the 'stuff' fits inside. I store the plate setter on the lower rack of my table.

GG
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    I do not know where you are but here in georgia a lot of neighborhoods do not allow the plastic buildings. Be careful.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • loco_engr
    Options
    Not a problem in this one horse town in KS :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Tenn Smoker
    Tenn Smoker Posts: 123
    Options
    I have a few Rubbermaid storage units in my garage and was thinking about putting one out back for that purpose.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options
    I have a Rubbermaid Patio Storage Bench that serves very well. A 20# bag of lump or two 10# bags will take up 1/2 of the storage, total of 4 cubic feet of storage. I may add another one as much for the seating as the storage. They are comfortable to sit on and seem to hold up to our Florida weather very well. About $100-$120.
    PatioBench.jpg

Gator
  • mo egg
    mo egg Posts: 143
    Options
    2 years ago i had a plastic storage cabinet about 6ft. by 2ft. on my patio but the high wind blew it over and busted in a few places. then i bought a couple storage cabinets at lowes 3ft. by 2ft. i just dont stack them. if you buy the taller one you got to watch the high wind.
  • loco_engr
    Options
    Good point! I am looking for a vertical cab. as my deck space is limited and thought I'd try to bolt it
    to the railing.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman: