Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick Pork Tenderloin Medallions

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As someone remarked about the desire to see more detailed posts regarding time, technique, etc.,....I had some time on my hands last night and attempted to do just that.

I like to cut pork tenderloins into approx. 1 1/2 thick slabs because I better success with the similar sized pieces cooking more evenly . Regarding the membrane, please note that these guys should be treated just like ribs by removing as much of it as possible.

I didn't have time to marinate, so I just massaged in a little Worchestershire and EVOO, and seasoned with some of ChefWil's Grilla Shaker.

I'm just learning the nuances of my new Small, so thought I'd throw them on it. I cooked at regular grid height at approx. 300. Be sure to keep your Thermapen handy, as these guys don't take long and you need to be checking very soon after the first flip.

I basically seared one side and flipped after a couple of minutes. These actually got a bit ahead of me...I probably should have been doing them on the short GrateMates... However, they were pulled between 142 and 150, so they were still very moist.

Mama was feeling generous and actually fried the taters rather than baking them. No, that is not Thousand Island... it is a Creamy Balsamic with Bleu Cheese and Roasted Pecans (impressed, aren't you?).

Guess what's in my lunch today?

Good weekend to all.

Mike

tenderloins002.jpg

tenderloins006.jpg

tenderloins009.jpg

tenderloins020.jpg

tenderloins042.jpg

tenderloins038.jpg

tenderloins046.jpg

tenderloins050.jpg

Comments