Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Maverick ET-73

BeerBQBeerBQ Posts: 111
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone know where this thermometer can be purchased locally (meaning not online)? Is there a particular national store that carries this animal?

Would anyone recommend any other thermos for wireless monitoring? I saw that BGE has a new one for $60.
·

Comments

• Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Go to HD. They are $20. I've had one for 4 years and it is still going strong.
    ·
  • I have never seen an et-73 in a store, so I can't help you there. The et-73 has an alarm that alerts you if your egg temp gets below or above a desired temp, that is great for overnight cooks. Oregon Scientific makes some very good wireless models, and they are sold under that name, Weber, and many other names (not to mislead you, the O.S. models do not have the pit temp alarms).
    ·
  • BeerBQBeerBQ Posts: 111
    Ya..that is ultimately what I am looking for is something for overnight cooks (pulled pork) that measure both dome and food temps (including alarms).
    ·
  • Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    A BBQ-Guru solves all these problems.
    ·
  • Grillin GuyGrillin Guy Posts: 302
    I bought my ET-73 locally from my BGE dealer, George Rogers, at Grate Grills and More in Gulfport, MS.
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    I have 3.Love em!!!But all were ordered online!
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Love my ET-73 got on line at $40.

GG
    ·
  • BeerBQBeerBQ Posts: 111
    Can those who purchased them online point me in that direction. I have seen a few sites, but shipping is $8-$10. That is why I would prefer local as total price comes to $50, but will order online if I have to.
    ·