Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

the SPAWN update we've all been waiting for

mad max beyond eggdomemad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,133
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
just talked to sydney a little while ago.. . .doctors unwrapped her hands and pronounced that the skin grafts looked great on both hands/wrists!!!....what a relief!!!! . . . they said that they may discharge her from the hospital as early as tomorrow. ... of course this caused the poor child to become extremely anxious as she isn't sure she is ready to face that challenge as she is still extremely sore on her hip and is till walking very gingerly. . .she isn't sure how she will manage, go to class, cafeteria, etc. .. .i assured her that we would face each challenge one at a time. ..lets just concern ourselves simply with getting back to the dorm first, then take on each challenge one at a time, and if we approach them that way, they won't be too overwhelming, nor will they be insurmountable. . .i told her that they wouldn't be letting her go if they didn't truly believe she was capable and ready (they know she's headed back to a dormitory situation) ...that seemed to calm her down a bit ....

anyway, we are one releived bunch around here ...and trust me, we never would have made it this far without all of you!!! . . .now, if you all can just survive eagret's cooking in ocala, we'll all have it made :lol:
·

Comments

• BigTBigT Posts: 385
    Awesome news.

You know what "they" say-

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger".

/talking about Sydney
    //don't know Egret well enough to riff on his cooking
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,635
    good to hear the great news
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    YAHOO!! how awesome is that. we will continue to keep her in our thoughts for getting through settling back into dorm life with her "feebleness" :whistle: Somehow I do not think that is a word she is familiar with :) great news max you and your family must be so happy! Julie
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Glad to hear the news is good!
    ·
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    Glad to hear the great news Max. We'll still keep the prayers coming.
    ·
  • LoveHandlesLoveHandles Posts: 156
    I've been away from the forum lately Max, and don't know what happened? Whatever happened, good to see she's doing better. Mike
    ·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    That is great. I got the one word text reply when I asked her if they removed them yet.........."yep".

Teenagers.......wordy critters they ware when not around their own kind ;)
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    You are such a great Dad. Words of wisdom - I don't think her apprehension could have been handled any better.

Glad to hear all is turning out well.
    ·
  • EmandM'sDadEmandM'sDad Posts: 648
    That's good news, Max. We'll keep on with the positive vibes!!
    ·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Great news Max....We hope all goes good.
    Larry
    ·
  • Boss HoggBoss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Max-
    That's great news. I'm sure sydney will get a hero's welcome back at school. No doubt, she'll get invited to more beer parties than ever before! :laugh:
    Brian
    ·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,671
    Great news... I'll tell the Staff here at the Chicken Ranch the good news. I know they will be happy.

Speaking of "happy" the "Girls" want to know when you're coming back to the Ranch for another uh, uh, 'visit.'

As soon as the pollen season is over I'm doing a walk-through video of the Coop to immortalize the improvements since you were here. I think you will be impressed. After all you were the first 'official' visitor to the Coop after it was announced that the Coop was finished.

Spring "Hustling Business" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
    ·
  • bobSTLbobSTL Posts: 105
    Max;
    So glad to hear the good news, I am sure it will take a bit to get back into the swing of things, but with such great parents, she will make the transition as well as anybody can.
    Bob
    ·
  • DryFlyDryFly Posts: 351
    All those prayers worked!
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,779
    She is a very strong lady and I am pleased with the latest report. Will toast a few for you and family in Ocala.
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Excelente Max......simplemente excelente....Felicidades y un abrazo para Sydney...
    ·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Looks like answered prayers!

Now, as far as egret - I don't think even this great group can generate enough prayers for anyone brave enough to sample his cooking... :evil:

Question: Are there ambulances and stomach-pumping equipment nearby at the Ocala Fest?
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    :) :) :) :)
    That's Great news Max, I felt in my heart this is the way it would go. She had done so very well, what a gal.

I'm sure those back at the Dorm will help her along. My heart goes out to all of you.

Please tell Spawn we know she will do just fine, if not come here for support.

Nuff said.

My Best,
    Bordello
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    great news max!!!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    great news, Max....
    J
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    That is great news...tell her to keep up the good work.......
    ·
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Glad it is working out well, our best to all of you.
    ·
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Ooops, wrong place. You are on your own Stike.
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Thanks for the update and great news indeed.

Kent
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Wonderful news!!!Congrats!Go get em' Sydney.You can handle ;) it!!!
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,330
    Woohoo! Dang that's good news.

BTW, we just closed on our lease and things are in motion. We'll need Sydney this summer id she's up for it!

Go Spawn!!
    Thinkin' about yall.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • ChefRDChefRD Posts: 438
    Great news Max!
    I never doubted the Sydster! After all, she puts up with you, doesn't she ?? ;)

later,
    ron.
    ·
  • BoatmanBoatman Posts: 854
    Thats wonderful news. Apparently all of the thoughts and prayers that were said on her behalf were listened to by a higher power. Great news.
    ·
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    Great news. One step at a time is my motto. I hope she can catch up in school. It would be a shame to loose a semester even though she won the more important battle.
    ·
  • tach18ktach18k Posts: 1,607
    Well done Max! You have survived another one of life's doing's. Once she gets back to the girls at the dorm, she be back roaming the floors at night. The daily phone calls will drop back to the weekly ones again. All will be back to normal. She will be in goods hands.
    Glad everything worked out for the best.
    ·