Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket ??????

Options
RebelEgg
RebelEgg Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Would the Dizzy Pig raising the steaks be a good rub for a brisket? And what is a good liquid to add when resting a brisket?

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    I think that would be a great choice. I do not generally add liquid, but I am open to hearing the suggestions of others. Maybe some "big time" beef injection as a foiling liquid.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Great idea, I put it on heavy. I'm not a big liquid adder...

There are a lot of liquid adders, foiler's and injector's out there. You should get a lot of thoughts.

GG
  • MilitantSquatter
    Options
    There's something about a brisket with just simple rub sitting in it's own juices that seems to be just perfect without any special liquids.

I no longer compete, but the first time I got a Top 5 call in brisket was at my third contest. I used Cow Lick / Raising the Steaks in a 50/50 ratio. I also added an bottle of Head Country Premium Marinade (similar to Worstershire) to the foil after it was cooked and ready to rest in the cooler (flat side down to sit in the juice). It became the basis of many other successful contests after that.

IMO, the Head Country marinade added to foil is a bit intense for home use but works quite well only using a small amount (4 oz) or if diluted a bit with some water. A low sodium beef broth with some garlic is also a good complimentary choice.

Still.. there's something about a brisket with just rub sitting in it's own juices that seems to be just perfect without any special liquids.

Good Luck !!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Vinny,

Thanks for the tips. Never though of mixing the two, looking forward to giving it a try.

GG