Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SPAWN is halfway there

mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
well, the doc unwrapped the left wrist today and was very happy with the way it has progressed. ...sydney said it looked pretty funky, skin is kinda stitched on, but she said the doc is very happy with his work and that is the very good news. . .he also re-wrapped it in a way that she has full use of that hand now, no splint restrictricting motion so she was quite happy about that!! ... .as for the right hand/wrist, he decided not to even take a look at that one yet. ...this one was the worst of the two, and i guess, given how the left one is progressing, he decided to give the right one two more days to continue healing as is. ... so he will wait till wednesday to take a look. ..but he is still confident that things are on the mend. ..and he was also happy with the way her thigh is mending. . ..sydney said that while her thigh still hurts she was able to walk up and down the hallway last night and this morning, so that was making her happy as well. . . so things continue to move in the right direction. . ..

and as always, she says continued thanks for all the kind thoughts and prayers. .. .

oh yeah, and as only my kid can do/say .. . .she was 'jawing' back and forth with one of her nurses yesterday (you have to picture this great, new york nurse with a very terrific, caustic, sense of humor. . .and the two of them going 'toe-to-toe' on some inane subject. .. and the nurse said something at some point like "hey sydney, you get it yourself", and sydney's response was (and it wasn't said in a weeping/sad sort of way, but in a bold, typical sydney brash fashion) "hey, i DIED, gimme a break here". . .totally cracked the nurse and me up. . .my wife on the other hand, about fainted. ...but the nurse didn't back down an inch. ..her response was "well, your alive now, so get it yourself!!" ....gotta love that kind of attitude! . ..

Comments

• WingRider
    WingRider Posts: 326
    Glad to hear things are still on an upward slope. Sounds like spirits are right up there as well.
    Wayne
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Man, with a strong will like that, you know she is gonna be ready to get back on the BBQ circuit and tell a few stories.

Get strong Sydney, we need ya at Eggtoberfest!!
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Glad to hear things are going well. What a riot with Sydney and the nurse. Gee, I wonder where that personality came from?
    We'll keep the prayers coming your way.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    funny max!!!

glad to hear it ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Max.....not very many people can say what she said to the nurse......you've got to love that girl.. :laugh: :laugh:
  • DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Max,

I'd give anything to see a video of that exchange. LMAO!!!

Good girl, Sydney!

Starting to exhale . . . keep the good news coming.

Best from we two,

R & G
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Great news again, Max! This great story gets warmer and warmer each day. The nurse story tops all!! :laugh:
  • Shilomare
    Shilomare Posts: 103
    Got to love that spirit! She sounds like she is getting back to "normal:...

Looking forward to seeing both of you in Waldorf...her school permitting etc..

Richard
    Annapolis, MD
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Glad to hear her condition is progressing in the right direction!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Max & family,
    Glad to hear that things continue to progress in a good direction. Based on that exchange with the nurse, I'm thinking that, somehow, Sydney must be related to my wife! :ermm:
    Brian
  • Thats wonderfull... And with Sydney's humor, you can be sure she is on the mend and going to have a complete recovery.

She will remain in my prayers.

blessings
    ross
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Whoohoo! Great news!! Laughter is another good sign sheeee's baaaack!!
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    That is great news... Mississippi good vibes still coming your way...

Tell Sydney to "Give them hell"...

Thanks...
    ...AnnaG...
  • Man, that's great news! Every day is a step in the right direction! My family's continued thoughts and prayers for yours...

Bruce
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    That is Great news Max, I'm so glad to hear it and if she is getting spunky she is surely on the mend. I'm sure it will continue to go well but will still keep my fingers crossed for her

Tell Spawn to keep on giving the nurse a bad time, sounds like a good thing for the both of them. It's nice to have someone to jokingly jab at. :woohoo:

Me Best to all of you.
    Bordello
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Great to hear her progress Max, prayers and vibes in good supply.

Great story with the nurse, you gotta love 'em. :laugh:

Gator
  • Susan Egglaine
    Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Thinking of your family!
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Thanks for the update Max. -RP
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Max:

Beautiful news and even better tale about Sydney! As I was reading it, I could see Spawn making that comment :laugh: ! I'm glad you were there to witness it.

Continued prayers and good wishes for a full and complete recovery.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• glad to hear the recovery is going well.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Great to hear she's in in a sparring temperment! That means she getting back to her old self. :laugh: Send our love and blessings to her and to all of you!
  • EmandM'sDad
    EmandM'sDad Posts: 648
    That's great, Max!! It sounds like she's getting back to the Spawn we all know and love....and she is her father's daughter!
  • Grumps
    Grumps Posts: 186
    Great News, Max! we will continue to send prayers and good vibes your way.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Been away all day.I've always loved a smarta#s,beats a dumda#s any day! :woohoo: :woohoo: Sydney,you go GIRL!!! B)
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Tell to give it to em. Can't trust them nurses....especially the blonde ones..... :whistle:
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    lol It is so cool reading these posts and hearing all about her progress. I really got a chuckle on the "dissucion" with the nurse. I have a good friend who is a nurse. he is about 6 foot 3 and 350 pounds and bald as a Que ball. that is eggsacly what he would have said to her! maybe even a bit more colorful!he is a dream nurse and every patient loves him to pieces. He has even gone toe to toe with a few DR. when there was something he did not like going on. the nurses are there 24/7 and see everything. not just looking at the chart. (no slam here to any DR intended)it is like a mom with their kids. we just KNOW LOL the first thing I thought of when this all started was to bad Al was not there she would love him! oh and he is a hooker too! LOL
    hugs to you all and I can just picture your wife as this all unfolded LOL
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Glad she's doing so well - and keeping her attitude (good sign).

We will continue to pray for her complete healing as well as diminishing pain.