Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pastrami 2 ways

SlotmercenarySlotmercenary Posts: 1,071
edited 3:23AM in EggHead Forum
Did these two versions of Pastrami yesterday for practice. going to do one of these rubs on the new menu for the restaurant. The first is a blend of peppercorms and pickling spice in a food processor.
DSC_0022.jpg

Then this one is Canadian steak seasoning
DSC_0031.jpg

2 1/2 hours in at 325 grid
DSC_0035-1.jpg
They both came out pretty good but hard to choose but i think the peppercorn/pickling spice was the winner
DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

Took about 3 1/2 hours to finish at 185 internal.
·

Comments

• BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Look good. Plate setter and pan under them it looks like. Were they store bought corned beef brisket to start?

Thanks,
    Bordello
    ·
  • SlotmercenarySlotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    yes they were already corned when i got them from my purveyor as samples of a new line. i did have a drip pan but not the platesetter it is sitting on the bottom grid of an adjustable rig.
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Looks very good. I would think the peppercorn would give a better result.

Because of the corning I try to stay away from any rub that has additional salt.

GG
    ·
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    That looks delicious but I'm confused. What is the difference between pastrami and corned beef?
    ·
  • Corned beef with the right spices and smoke become pastrami.
    ·
  • If it taste as good as it looks you are a success.

Ross
    ·