Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My pizza advice

Options
Jeff J
Jeff J Posts: 55
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pizza seems to be all the BGE rage at the time so I thought I'd share my thoughts and cooking compulation on the subject. Our guests have been more impressed with our pizza than anything else(except Q, ok, and ribs) so this is how we do it. For the sauce my favorite is the one in the link below, I add more basil, garlic, pepper, and a splash of whatever red wine we're drinking in. Its easy, we use can tomatoes, and the sauce just smells great. For the crust, I go to our local Publix grocery store, their deli makes pizza dough thats great, all you have to do is roll it out and it costs $1.65. As far as cooking goes, I follow Tim's pizza guidelines on his site. I shoot for 550 - 575 dome temp, plate setter in from start, pizza stone in for 7 min or so, pizza cooks for about 10 min +/- in my large BGE. Go to his site for more info. Pizza is our favorite Egged food, I figure I've done around 125 cooks on my egg in the last 9 months and I'm just now beginning to understand what an amazing cooking device it is (of course this revelation may have been brought about by the bottle of wine I drank with my pizza last night).
[ul][li]Pizza Recipe[/ul]

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Jeff J,[p]Re: "of course this revelation may have been brought about by the bottle of wine I drank with my pizza last night."[p]I swear that in college the physics homework problems got easier as the level of wine in the bottle got lower. I think you are on to something![p]TNW[p]
    The Naked Whiz
  • Chef Amy
    Chef Amy Posts: 19
    Options
    Jeff J,
    Another easy pizza dough (for those that don't have the deli version) is frozen bread dough - thaw per instructions, flatten, let rise slightly and top with your favorite toppings.

• ChrisC
    ChrisC Posts: 107
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]I agree. I took a mechanical engineering class one summer. The class average went up when we started to go to the bar before the test.