Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Am I losing conrol

Options
Chef in the Making
Chef in the Making Posts: 902
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
I think I have been doing pretty good. I have lost one of my nine pound butts, however, I had this really great semi-sweet chocolate in the house along with an open carton of whipping cream and of course eggs. So I made a chocolate mousse and it was good. So now I have to have the will power to pull be thru the week. I hope pull pork isn't fattening as that is on the egg now. I won't have any bread or sauce with it, maybe just poached eggs.

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    All things in moderation. That is the ultimate key to success.
  • mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    Options
    Fidel wrote:
    All things in moderation. That is the ultimate key to success.

So true! Instead of making chocolate mousse, just put a few of the chocolate chips in a ramekin and savor them one at a time.

And I keep my chocolate in the freezer. Out of sight. I'm less likely to overindulge. For the pulled pork, as soon as it is pulled I portion (by weight), vacuum seal, and freeze. It takes a while to get used to what a standard portion of protein actually looks like. I try to add things to the meal to help stretch it - load the plate up with salad so it still looks full, beans are especially healthy, having lots of fiber and helping to reduce cholesterol. Just watch the ingredients if you use canned beans - most canned (except for organic) are high in sodium and many contain high fructose corn syrup. Just why do we need sweetener in plain beans?
    Egging in Crossville, TN