Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hairline cracks all over dome

greggsegg
greggsegg Posts: 31
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have egg with this appearance. White hairline cracks all over dome. Only 3 months old. Doesn't seem to affect cooking but looks as if could shatter.

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    GREGGSEGG,
    Are they really really fine? They only show up when the surface of the egg is dry? I think that is normal. My seems to have them all over. 2 year old egg.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    GREGGSEGG,
    They really, really shouldn't cause you any concern as those hairline cracks are in the fired glaze and Mr Egg is a heavy piece.. However...iffin they REALLY bother you go to a craft store and buy some acrylic craft paint (about a buck fifty for 2 oz) and using a piece of clothe along with another damp-NOT WET-one rub the paint into the tiny cracks and quickly wipe off so none stays on the surface. I had minute pin prick white spots on my medium and this was my solution. BTW I found the brand of Anita's AllPurpose Acrylic # 11040 Hunter Green was a "perfect" match

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • greggsegg
    RRP,Thanks for advice,will probably leave alone unless this becomes a performance problem

• greggsegg
    The Naked Whiz, thanks. the cracks are really fine, will leave alone for now.[p]