Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig Seasonings

eggineric
eggineric Posts: 81
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My order from Dizzy Pig just came today. I got all ten varieties and a t-shirt for the wifey. All of their seasonings smell and taste great. I could not believe how much variety there was and the quality of it all. I have used the Ragin River Rub before and loved it. Can't wait to try them all. Any suggestions for any of the seasonings?

Comments

• reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Every single one is outstanding. For ideas you could start on Chris's webpage. One of my favorites is the salmon he does.
  • Grumps
    Grumps Posts: 186
    I recommend that in the spirit of "March Madness" you perform your own DP Rub Tourney. Cook two racks of ribs this weekend, each with a different rub. The winner moves on to the next round. Every time you cook use two new ones and keep up with which you like the best. Eventually you will have a favorite and a couple of good back-ups. My favorite for ribs is DP Red Eye Express and my wife likes Swamp Venom the best. Many on this site prefer Dizzy Dust and Raging River Rub for ribs. Raging River and Tsunami Spin are great on Fish. I like Raging River on Chicken. Raising the Steak is my favorite on steak.

Most imprtantly, experiment. You can't go wrong.
  • I just stocked up again too last week.

Everyone's got their favorites but I love Jamaican Firewalk on pork chops and shrimp, Raising the Steaks on Ribeye's, Dizzy Dust/Raging River Combo on ribs and pork shoulder, Cow Lick on brisket and Chuck Rolls, Swamp Venom on my shrimp & hamburgers (weird.. I know !!) Shakin the Tree on Chicken etc.

I've only tried the Pineapple Head on some canned diced peaches and my 5 yr old daughter actually ate her pork chop with a little sprinkled on the other night
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Great ideda! Let the games begin!! :)
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    I tried Pineapple Head on some of my ABT's last night. Quite tasty!
  • Keving
    Keving Posts: 36
    I used the Jamaican Jerk seasoning on chicken wings for the super bowl. I also put a Jamaican Jerk bbq sauce that I found on the net that complemented it well. It was a great variation from a buffalo style.
  • eggineric
    eggineric Posts: 81
    All those ideas/suggestions sound great. That will get me started. I like the tournament idea. Sounds like I might be eatin a lot in the near future. I just made some ribs last week with combo Smokin' in the Dark rub and Applebee's rib rub. Turned out good.