Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Purchasing a largeBGE

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Do I need both a plate setter and fire bricks? What about a grill extender?[p]Thanks

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    chaz,[p]I get along OK with just the platesetter....some have fire bricks instead. I think you just need one or the other, but the platesetter is more versatile.[p]I don't have a grill extender, but will one of these days. It wouldn't be on my list of immediate needs.[p]What would be is: a way to light it...MAPP torch being the ideal, a Polder thermo to keep tabs of the temp without opening the lid, and long tongs to flip those searing steaks when the egg cranks up to 750+. If ribs are going to be something you'd like to do right away, a V-rack or some other rib rack would be nice to have. Likewise a pizza stone if thats going to be on the menu anytime soon.

• Kip
    Kip Posts: 87
    Options
    chaz,
    Plate setter is very useful for indirect cooks. Also great with a pizza stone. Grill extender is useful for large cooks. If you plan to cook for 15 or more, it's a good tool to have.[p]If you like pizza, get yourself a pizza stone.[p]Kip

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    chaz, I would just get the placesetter. The extra grid extender is a must IMHO.
    Welcome, hey are a lot of fine folks here to help you along.[p]CWM