Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone have a great Wing recipe??

BarbieQ
BarbieQ Posts: 41
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have used GFW's recipe for wings with great results--thought we might try something different this time. Anyone have a good recipe they'd be willing to share? Thanks![p]A great weekend to all,
Barb

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    BarbieQ:[p]Recipe section, Chef RD . . . Read the recipe and take your own liberties to suit your taste. Finish on the plate with a good wing sauce of your concoction.
    [/b]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    BarbieQ,
    There are two ther righteous wing recipes in the recipe section. Below is the link to ChefRDs hot wings. The breading really works well if cooked right. They come out "almost fried", with a crispy coating. I had doubts about the breaded coating before I tried it. Now I am a firm believer.[p]Also, while you are in the recipe section, check out Tanker Tim's Okinawan Wings. These are also killer.[p]Cheers! Hope biz is good for you.
    Chris

[ul][li]Wings...ChefRD style[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • BarbieQ
    Nature Boy,[p]Thanks for the suggestion! Since I can't leave anything alone, I think I'll try ChefRD's method using Swamp Venom for the spice blend. How can it be anything but good--if I don't torch them, of course![p]Barb
  • BarbieQ
    djm5x9,[p]Thanks for your input--I'll give it a try![p]Barb
  • Big Murth
    Big Murth Posts: 350
    BarbieQ,
    Don't be fooled by that modest djm5X9 guy....his method/recipe is what I use almost exclusively for wings. I also love a great recipe that approximates the "Wing Time" brand of sauces that are available in many but not all places...you wont' be disappointed. FYI: I do my wings indirect over a plate setter for 45 minutes or so...but lately have been finishing them direct for five+ minutes or so to give them that nice crisp finish.
    Here's the recipe for the sauce:[p]BUFFALO CHICKEN WING SAUCE (from Food Network.com) recipe courtesy of Bill Smith (Major Bill Smith)[p]2 tabl. all purpose flour
    2 1/2 oz. of unsalted butter
    1 1/4 pints crystal Louisiana Hot Sauce (Franks, Crystal, etc.)
    1 1/14 tabl. peeled/diced garlic (I like more)

• Big Murth
    Big Murth Posts: 350
    Big Murth,
    Here's the rest of the recipe!!! Sorry![p]1 1/4 tabl. champagne or red vinegar.[p]Melt butter and saute garlic for 3 minutes. Add flour and stir, making a roux and cook for 5minutes, stirring. Slowly add the hot sauce, while whisking constantly to avoid lumps, and add vinegar. Put on low flame and cook until thickened and the roux has cooked out.

• BarbieQ
    Big Murth,
    Thanks for the sauce recipe--sounds good! I'll give it a try the next time I do wings.
    A great weekend to you,
    Barb

• JimE
    JimE Posts: 158
    BarbieQ,
    I've used this Bobby Flay recipe many, many times.... always to rave reviews! I cook mine direct at about 325-350, turning a couple of times.[p]GRILLED CHILE WINGS
    1 cup pineapple juice
    2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
    2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
    4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1 Scotch bonnet or habanero chile, finely chopped
    1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
    24 chicken wings
    Salt and freshly ground pepper
    Carrot and celery sticks[p]Use side burner or preheat grill. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and let boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, pour into a large bowl and exept chicken wings let cool. Add chicken wings to the marinade and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours. Grill over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with celery and carrot sticks.