Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new owner in need

Options
Steve
Steve Posts: 94
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Guys
Just bought a large egg today. I need to impress the family tonight with a great steak. Bought three ribeyes just a few minutes ago. I'm cooking them on the egg tonight for my first experience. I'm looking for your advice on how to make it both foolproof and delicious.
THANKS!

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    steve,
    I hope you got it right. Steak is the easiest item to cook foolproofly. Get the egg up to 700 or so, toss them on, spin them after a minute to get the nice cross pattern, flip only once after two or so minutes, spin again & shut down. Cooking at this hight temp sears the meat & seals in all the juices. Get all your inside stuff together, come back out & remove steaks, serve & watch the juices run out of everyone mouths as they devour. There are many recipes posted here, from butter to various seasonings. Good luck & welcome aboard.