Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PIng Desert Filly and AZRP

No Yolk
No Yolk Posts: 42
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We arrived home safe and sound and sad that vacation was over yesterday.

Thanks again for the wonderful chicken enchiladas, beans, rice, and cobblers you served us - the best we have ever tasted! The Coronas weren't bad either!

The grandkids are still talking about the ride on Rusty and how you rescued Justin Thyme. You were so kind and patient, Kim. But the first picture they show everyone is of Joe. People think his size has somehow been enhanced to make him look bigger!

We've been thinking about Cassie all week - is she doing better? She could hardly walk and looked like she was in a lot of pain. Poor baby!!

We're so glad to know you...Dianne and Doug

Comments

• Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    I'm glad the kids have fun. Memories....
    Cassie is fine. Went back to urgent care on Thurs...and they lanced it and took cultures for possible mersa. And back to ER on Friday, as they thought she had a blood clot in her leg. All negative. Heating pads have worked wonders. We're supposed to head to Calif today...but issues with the trailer. soooo
    Enjoyed your company. We'll see you around.

Kim
  • Susan Egglaine
    Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    I have been thinking about you all also! I saw the post where you had to go to the ER but did not know why or how it turned out. I was on the road yesterday and pulled into a Panera to get hooked-up to check on you. Glad things are o.k. ;)
  • No Yolk
    No Yolk Posts: 42
    Whew - what a relief! So happy Cassie is recovering.

We went to Darren's (our son and Carter's and Sophie's dad) for fresh walleye for lunch today, came back home then Carter's and Sophie's mom picked them up to head back to their house to get ready for school again tomorrow. The good-bye hugs were extra tight and full of love. They live only 50 miles away but sometimes seems a lot further!

Suppose we'll have to have ribeyes and sweet potatoes on the BGE tonight - back to the post-vacation routine!!!

We are in a blizzard watch for tomorrow to Wednesday expecting up to 20" of new snow with strong winds and low temps. Where is spring?!?!?

Dianne and Doug