Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have had relatively good luck with brisket. I am curious to try one marinated. Anyone have some good recipes? Thanks.

Comments

• Big Murth
    Big Murth Posts: 350
    Options
    AU,
    I am cooking, after 2 1/2 years Egging, my first brisket tomorrow(Monday, Memorial Day)....after doing plenty of ribs, pork loins, tenderloins, steaks, any variety of links/wurst/sausage,chicken, turkey, pork shoulder, and more! Marinade?? You bet....I've got a 12.75 lb. "chunk 'a chest" swimming in NATUREBOY'S 2000 EGGFEST BRISKET MARINADE, which by the way, tastes out of this world...even if it's just for the bathing aspect! I am fully confident that this will render positive results. Check it out and we can provide the notes for everyone else to compare against/with! I'm using several big chunks of apple, a little hickory, some Jack Daniels oak barrel wood, and one obligatory chunk of hickory to give all the Texaphiles their due. Wish me luck and I'll do the same for you bro.....
    Big Murth in Nuevo Mexico

• Big Murth
    Big Murth Posts: 350
    Options
    Big Murth,
    Sorry, that "obligatory" chunk was of course, mesquite!!!...not hickory. Bon apetit!

• Unknown
    Options
    Big Murth,[p]I don't know how I missed that recipe. It sounds awesome. I've got the thing marinating now to throw on the egg late tonight. The sauce smells great! Can't wait to try it.
    Let me know how it turned out for you.[p]WAR EAGLE!