Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Clan of the Green Egg

Options
EggHatter
EggHatter Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This evening I was thinking about the events of the day, especially about Max and Sydney. I found myself thinking about the Green Egg community we have and how it s a little like Brigadoon. This Clan of the Green Egg only appears when an Egg Fest gathers them, or in times of great need like today. Otherwise, unless you happen to be one of the clan, no one would even know this community exists. I felt that community when I had my heart catheterization, when Car Wash Mike was posting about his granddaughter and when Spring Chicken has run to the hospital for various injuries. There is, despite the somewhat gritty exterior at times, a tender heart full of love in this clan. May God bless all of you. EggHatter

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Amen to that..... :)
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Very well said Kathy. Look forward to seeing you in Ocala.
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
  • EggHatter
    Options
    Hi Pat,
    I wish I could be in Ocala, but I am leading a meeting that morning. Jay is going without me :( But next time!
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Very true Kathy :) You hit the nail right on the head.I don't think that you can ask for a more supportive group of people B) Thanks for sharing your thoughs.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    You are right Kathy. I will never be able to thank all the many people for the support over the years with Kaleigh. We all seem to pull together when one of us is hurting. This is a very special group of people indeed. I just wish I could give more updates about her.

Mike
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    I have to agree with you Kathy. This group of people on the forum is unbelievable. We are all there for each other. Glad to be a part of it.
    I look fw to seeing you and Jay in Ocala.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me that I'm a Klutz, Kathy LOL...

But you are absolutely right about this "family" we have had the good fortune to attach ourselves to. Even though we haven't yet and probaby never will meet every Egghead in person we have certainly met a lot of 'em. We've met even more through this Forum. Either way we're better for it.

It is so easy to become friends with people you have something in common with (The Egg) but it is even more remarkable that we all tend to share the 'good stuff' of friendship - similar values, respect for others, a willingness to share and all the other things that are common among friends and family. We all feel the pain when one among us hurts just as we celebrate the joy when one of us has a wonderful experience.

It certainly makes life more fun.

Spring "Clan Member In Training" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    What's that old Groucho Marx saying... about not wanting to be apart of any Club...that would have you...lol!!!

That's all of us!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    You're absolutely right Kathy!!
    It is an interesting collection of Souls isn't
    it!!

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Wasted Words
    Options
    Well said. To add to the thought, I'd say that the Egg has also been a great asset at bringing together our neighborhood. Many nice afternoons have been spent with the neighbors cooking and relaxing around the Egg. :)