Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recipes needed

Chuck
Chuck Posts: 812
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Next Sunday I am helping to cook at a Big Green Egg customer appreciation day at my dealers (Stoveworks in Medford NJ). That day there is an Arts and Music festival in town and Ed at Stoveworks thought it would be a great day to showcase the BGE as well as do something for his existing customers (can you say discount). Ed and I will be manning at least three large BGE as well as two minis for the day. We are still planning what to cook but will probably be doing a turkey, wings, ABTs, quesadillas, london broils or flank steaks, roasted peppers, pulled pork and whatever else floats our boat. I'll probably do MadMax's flank steaks at the end of the day for Ed and his staff. [p]I am looking for two recipes that were made at eggfest, if anyone has them I would greatly appreciate it. The Korean ribs that Brett made, i had it but can't find it, and the stuffed olives, missed them but they sound good. [p]If any of you are in the South Jersey area next Sunday stop in. Just follow the great smells wafting towards the festival from Branch street, it would be great to see you!!![p]Chuck

Comments

• Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Chuck,
    Looks good!! A local dealer here, for a popular gas model, has good luck with Lamb Kabobs.

• Chuck,
    here is brett's korean rib recipe and baked apple recipe from waldorf:[p]Calbi Ribs [p]5 lbs Korean Style beef ribs (these are cut across the ribs, so you end up with pieces that are a quarter to a third inch thick, with medallions of bone from about 3 adjoining ribs and the tender meat underneath. You need to get them at a Korean grocery)[p]Marinade:
    1 cup soy sauce
    1/2 cup sesame oil
    1/2 cup ground, toasted sesame seeds
    1/2 cup green onions, cut lengthwise
    scant 1/2 cup sugar
    1/4 cup crushed garlic
    1 1/2 t of black pepper[p]Mix the marinade. put ribs and marinade in gallon plastic bag and squeeze around for a minute to work marinade into the meat. refrigerate overnight. Grill over hot fire, 5-8 minutes total.[p]
    Turkish Baked Apples
    (my own recipe with an assist from QBABE)[p]medium sized apples (I used Gala and they worked pretty well)[p]stuffing:
    equal parts medjool dates (seeded), apricots, and hazel nuts, chopped in a food processor. Add enough brown sugar to bind it all together.[p]Dig out a good size well in each of the apples and put in the stuffing. Place in a baking dish and put a pat of butter on top of each apple. Fill dish with 3/4 inch of water. Bake at around 350 for an hour or more, until the sides of the apples are sift enough. Add a splash of gran marnier to each apple the last 15 minutes of cooking (it really brings the dish together).

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Did you post your stuffed flank steak recipe in the recipe section? I missed it first time round. I think someone posted a photo and it looked mighty good...
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Chuck
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Thanks!!!

• Chuck
    flanksteak.jpg
    <p />The Naked Whiz,[p]I don't think it is posted yet but here is a link. MMBE's recipe is very, VERY good, it is a must try.

[ul][li]Flank Steak[/ul]
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Chuck,[p]The stuffed olives from Eggfest were a recipe from "Sublime Smoke" by the Jamisons called "Cheddar Olive Morsels". It's on pg 49 in the book, but in case you don't have it, here it is....[p]Makes 2 dozen
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1 tsp paprika
    1/4 tsp salt
    24 large green olives stuffed with pimentos, onions, or jalepenos, plus 1 tsp of brine from the jar
    2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
    1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
    3 plump garlic cloves, minced[p]In a food processor, combine the flour, paprika, and salt. Add the olive brine, cheese, butter and garlic, and process until a thick dough forms. Wrap an olive in enough dough to thoroughly cover it, making a ball about 1 to 1 1/4 inches in diameter. Repeat with remaining olives and dough. Sprinkle the balls liberally with additional paprika. Set the olive balls in a shallow smokeproof baking dish or on heavy-duty foil. Transfer the morsels to the smoker and cook until the pastry is golden brown and beginning to crisp, about 35 to 40 minutes at a temperature of 225° - 250°. Remove the morsels from the smoker and let them sit for 10 minutes. They will become crisper as they cool. Serve warm or at room temperature. Leftovers don't keep well, so eat up![p]Have fun!
    QBabe
    :~)[p]

• Chuck
    QBabe,[p]Thanks!! I even have the book, I guess I should read it some time. 4 racks of babybacks tonight, mmmmmm.